Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Lehigh County)

Default Can a PA resident carry in FL with a FL license?

I use to live in FL and have a CCW license from there. I noticed that it says ...

"Florida will only honor permits from residents of the states they honor. They will not honor a Non-Resident permit from any state they honor."

Does this mean that they do not honor their own license because I am not a resident of FL?

I ask because I am going to be going there on a trip soon and I was planning on emptying my wallet of unneeded things and carry only the minimum in case the wallet got lost or stolen, then I would have a minimum of things to replace. I always do this when I travel.

I was planning on leaving my PA CCW license at home but if I am reading this correctly, I am going to have to bring it because FL will not honor their own license because I am not a resident of their state but they will honor my PA license because I am a resident of PA.

Again, am I understanding this correctly? Thanks in advance.

PS: In case anyone asks, the reason why I have a FL CCW license is because I use to live in FL and in order to get a license, I had to demonstrate proficiency with a firearm in order to get the license. I don't want have to go through that again if it expires and I want to get it again, so I've been renewing it even though I now live in PA.
    Last edited by Sir Knight; August 22nd, 2010 at 05:56 AM.