Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Shoulder Holster Question

Quote Originally Posted by 0hW0rd View Post
    Is there a S/H made that draws down so I could pull it strait down from reaching up under my shirt?
    For revolvers, I think -- not for semi-autos. You might want to rethink the "shoulder holster under a T shirt" notion.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    For revolvers, I think -- not for semi-autos. You might want to rethink the "shoulder holster under a T shirt" notion.
    The s/h idea is out. Just going to have to be super careful with an IWB at 4 o'clock until I figure out something else.
    I appreciate the help guys. Rep sent.
    Last edited by 0hW0rd; August 22nd, 2010 at 08:57 PM.

(Bucks County)

I've never owned or seen one of these, but it looks like an intriguing thing to wear at a cross draw location for driving:

http://bellybandccw.com/

(Chester County)

It is of course easier to spend someone's money other than my own. However I think you are kinda going about this the wrong way. For deep concealment A full size XD is WAY down the list of optimal firearms. Sorry to be way off topic here I know the OP asked about shoulder rigs, Deep cover with a T shirt and full sizes are a big problem. I am about your size ( a bit taller and heavier) and cant conceal a full size well at all without a cover garment. Have you thought about going with something smaller? This would make concealment and a t shirt much more possible.

(Wyoming County)

I just recently purchased an Ultra Carry Air Marshal/FFDO shoulder holster. It's sort of like a belly band but fits around your chest. It is very comfortable and i can conceal my Taurus M740 slim under a loose fitting t-shirt with out it printing. As fo5r a full size XD you could probably pull it off. I agree it isnt as easy to draw from as other holsters but with practice it's not to bad. just lift up the front of your shirt and draw. A button shirt that you can unbutton or even one with snaps would be better. I have carried all day for a few days now and am inpressed with this holster. The best part is i dont have to change my wardrobe at all. any pants will work and since it's getting colder out I usually am wearing a hoodie wich makes my handgun completely invisible.

(Philadelphia County)

I can conceal a Glock 19 with a Crossbreed Supertuck fairly well under just a heavy cotton tshirt. I wouldn't call it deep concealment, but it's pretty darn good. A more conceal friendly gun (read, slimmer profile) would probably disappear in that or a similar rig (MTAC, or The Answer).

There's always a pocket rig (Walther PPS or Kahr PM9 in a FIST or Uncle Mike's pocket holster).

(Allegheny County)

Vertical set-up's hide much better than horizonal, try looking at something like a FIST Inc #70. they are much more comfortable as well.

(Montgomery County)

Crossbreed supertuck, 4:00, longer shirts. Trust me.
    -Joe

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by phillykev View Post
    I can conceal a Glock 19 with a Crossbreed Supertuck fairly well under just a heavy cotton tshirt. I wouldn't call it deep concealment, but it's pretty darn good. A more conceal friendly gun (read, slimmer profile) would probably disappear in that or a similar rig (MTAC, or The Answer).

There's always a pocket rig (Walther PPS or Kahr PM9 in a FIST or Uncle Mike's pocket holster).
    I can hide a Browning Hi-Power in the same way. It's not a small gun either.

Quote Originally Posted by CougarTM740 View Post
    I just recently purchased an Ultra Carry Air Marshal/FFDO shoulder holster. It's sort of like a belly band but fits around your chest. It is very comfortable and i can conceal my Taurus M740 slim under a loose fitting t-shirt with out it printing. As fo5r a full size XD you could probably pull it off. I agree it isnt as easy to draw from as other holsters but with practice it's not to bad. just lift up the front of your shirt and draw. A button shirt that you can unbutton or even one with snaps would be better. I have carried all day for a few days now and am inpressed with this holster. The best part is i dont have to change my wardrobe at all. any pants will work and since it's getting colder out I usually am wearing a hoodie wich makes my handgun completely invisible.
    I was going to say a belly band or THUNDERWARE!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12