Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Cumberland County)

Talking Spotting Fellow CCers

I was looking for subsonic .22s today and had to go everywhere, because I can't find a single local place that has a good selection of ammo. Ended up at Gander Mt (no subsonics there...).

I was standing back at the gun counter looking at the used stuff when two guys walked up. They were looking for the S&W Bodyguard .380. They were both wearing 5.11 pants. Dead give away. I looked closer and saw a little kydex peeking out of guy #1s shirt. I looked closer still and saw the print of a full sized 1911. Pretty unmistakable.

"Looking for something a little smaller than a 1911?" I asked. His jaw hit the floor. "No worries," I smiled, "Some people just have any eye for these things."

I ran into him later in the parking lot. I explained that when you carry you tend to notice things other people don't. "You're not carrying are you?" He asked. I pulled my shirt tail up. XD Service, it's not exactly a small gun... "Wow, I would have never noticed!" In his defense I was wearing a black polo that's pretty long. I told him about the right holster making a huge difference, told him to check out PAFOA, and sent him on his way.

Anybody else spot other carriers?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Spotting Fellow CCers

It's hilarious to see some people's reactions when they are outed. I would only do it without outing to the rest of the people around but it's still funny. I would have also let him know the 5.11 pants are a dead give away.

(Bucks County)

I had a guy come into our office, and bend over to sign a form on a desk. You could clearly see the imprint of a full sized pistol handle on his 4 o'clock position. I whispered to my co-worker, "hey look, thats guys packing heat," and he just laughed. I said, "no really, look at his 4 o'clock, he's carrying man." At that point my co-worker was like, "wow your right, I never would have noticed that if you didn't point it out."

It was not appropriate for me to approach the guy at work, as much as I wanted to. Later I found out that he was an off duty police officer.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    It was not appropriate for me to approach the guy at work, as much as I wanted to.
    Why not? I don't think saying, "Excuse me sir, your gun is printly badly" is inappropriate.

I once saw a really big fat guy in business attire at walgreens in stroudsburg. He was so fat his pants rode up and got tucked into his fatty/crotch area, and I saw the j-frame he had on his ankle. I didn't say anything to him, just pointed it out to my girlfriend. I didn't want to have to help pick the guy up if he broke his leg trying to bend down and fix his pant leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Why not? I don't think saying, "Excuse me sir, your gun is printly badly" is inappropriate.

I once saw a really big fat guy in business attire at walgreens in stroudsburg. He was so fat his pants rode up and got tucked into his fatty/crotch area, and I saw the j-frame he had on his ankle. I didn't say anything to him, just pointed it out to my girlfriend. I didn't want to have to help pick the guy up if he broke his leg trying to bend down and fix his pant leg.
    I don't know, I just felt weird about it. I didn't want to make a big scene at my place of business, if he took it the wrong way or something. Had it been anywhere else, I definitely would strike up a conversation with him.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Lol, would you call that off body carry? I mean, if you can't get to it...

The guy today wasn't printing too badly, I just happened to spot the pants and then looked right at his waist. (How gay does that sound? Geez...) The more I think about it the more I feel like it was a Fobus I caught a glimpse of... The plastic I did see didn't look like Kydex like I said originally.
    Last edited by rwb1500; August 20th, 2010 at 04:34 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Wayne County)

I was at Crown warehouse last week, and the maintenance guy was concealing under his orange, tucked shirt. I just gave him a nod. Wish I could carry my pistol at work....
    The

(Montgomery County)

I'm a 150 pound single guy in his youth, so needless to say, I know that I print often as I carry a fullsize Kimber and wear polos. But I don't mind, its still a free country. In some states.
    -Joe

(Chester County)

Usually I just guess any guy with a fanny pack is carrying, there is no other excuse for wearing one. I have a mini messenger bag type thingy, good with the bigger guns if you are going to be in the car a lot and want it handy.

(Monroe County)

Last Friday night i stopped in at Bono's Pizza shop in East Stroudsburg to grab a Philly steak sandwhich before heading out for work, there were 4 pre-teen boys sitting at a table having a Pizza and all 4 were simultaneously staring at my waist, i couldnt believe the FNP40 were printing that badly under my Black T shirt, then Saturday morning i stopped in at WAWA and the man behind me were staring at my waist the whole time, so now i'm back to my SIG 229 more compact, untill i get a holster for my CW9.

BTW what is a 5.11 pants? what do they look like?

Thanks Nyman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast