Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: How do you feel about bullpup configurations?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, I love em!

10 19.61%
  • Nah, they're ugly and awkward

7 13.73%
  • Mixed feelings I suppose

17 33.33%
  • Dunno, never tried one

17 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default What's your take on bullpups?

Just wondering what people out there think of the format. We all know the advantages/disadvantages, so I was just wondering about people's personal experience with them. I have 2, a Bushmaster M17 and a PS90. The bushmaster is not so awesome... gets hot quick, awkward mag changes, and a really sloppy trigger(but accurate as hell). I purchased this as more of a novelty/project piece, and never really cared much for bullpups. The PS90 kinda changed my thinking on the format, and for the first time I've used a bullpup with a crisp trigger and nicer controls, but it's also kinda butt fugly.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: What's your take on bullpups?

I have only had two in my hands. A 10/22 that I put a bull pup stock onto it. The trigger was spongy, the sights sucked. then there is a walther g22. Works great. Fun to shoot.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Jefferson County)

The compact design is great..

But the spongy triggers suck, and so does the idea of having 30K to 65K PSI right next to my face in the event of a KB.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Montgomery County)

Honestly I never thought of it like that, Knight. That's kinda unsettling.

(Northumberland County)

i dunno never tried one.....

(Bucks County)

Love my MSAR. Trigger was spongy until I installed the TriggerLite. Obvisously it is not my Rem 700 or the Giesselle in my AR but it is 100 times better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Luzerne County)

My first reaction to the question, before I saw the poll was "No earthly reason to own one unless you are going into combat. Or....unless you just want one." I'm not going into combat. I have no use for a bullpup but can appreciate that other shooters may like that type of gun. (Whaddya do with it any way? Can't hunt. Not a target gun. Already have SD covered.)
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JB19Kilo View Post
    Honestly I never thought of it like that, Knight. That's kinda unsettling.
    Shouldn't really worry about it considering the fact that there hasn't been a kaboom bullpup (that I know of or can find on Google).

Quote Originally Posted by Pete D. View Post
    My first reaction to the question, before I saw the poll was "No earthly reason to own one unless you are going into combat. Or....unless you just want one." I'm not going into combat. I have no use for a bullpup but can appreciate that other shooters may like that type of gun. (Whaddya do with it any way? Can't hunt. Not a target gun. Already have SD covered.)
    Pete
    1. Compactness for urban type and close quarter environment, given the same barrel length as standard configuration

2. FN bullpups (and the Kel-tec RBF) are fully ambidextrous, a great thing for southpaws

3. They look cool. OP, I actually LOVE the look of the PS90. If you haven't done it already, get one of those fake Gemtech "suppressor"s. I hated the way the barrel looks without it.

Most are not "target" guns, but they are just like any standard rifle when shooting the same caliber, using the same ammo, out of the same barrel length. The Kel-tec RFB chambers in .308 and can have barrel up 32" and can be used for hunting (where legal and with the proper mag capacity) as well as long range target.

The PS90 has a standard mag that carries 50 rounds of 5.7x28mm with limited potential for over-penetration. This is why a lot of special forces, especially in urban environment chose the P(S)90 (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90#Users). What that means is that it makes for the perfect HD rifle by all accounts, including maneuverability, lack of over penetration, capacity, overall weight, and even a very noticeable reduced decibel level compared to .223.

I have a PS90, an FS2000, and an AK Bullpup. If the Tavor ever make it here, I'll be the first in line. I really don't like the look of any bullpup based on the AR platform.

Al

(Monroe County)

I love the way some of them look, I have just heard way too much negativity about the trigger that pulls on the actual trigger..blah blah...well I've heard it sucks. Only bullpup I've ever held was my friends ruger 10/22 and couldn't exactly dry fire it to feel the trigger.

(Lehigh County)

i personally love the look and feel... i have only ever held an ak, the ps90 and the fs2000 (i think thats what the designation is).... i think they look awesome and when i have the money i will be buying the keltec rfb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast