Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Mercer County)

Default National forest?

Is it legal to OC in any National Forest in PA? I may have missed it in the law but I didn't really see anything about this. Since it is Federal land I didn't know if this was somehow different?

(Delaware County)

Default Re: National forest?

I think it's CC in state and national parks...someone who has a cite will probably come along soon to give you an official answer.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Monroe County)

You can OC and CC in national parks as of earlier this year (i think it started in feb or march). Of course, you cannot enter any buildings on federal property, as they are generally federal buildings, which are prohibited if you are carrying a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Jefferson County)

National Forests were never park of the same issue that National Parks had. You can OC and CC in a National Forest.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    You can OC and CC in national parks as of earlier this year (i think it started in feb or march). Of course, you cannot enter any buildings on federal property, as they are generally federal buildings, which are prohibited if you are carrying a gun.
    I'm not being a smart ass here this is actually a real question. In a national forest, would the shitters be considered a federal building? I mean, the government does own and maintain them. I just don't want to walk out from the shitter and into a SWAT Team! I would have to shit all over again! Ok maybe a little bit of a smart ass......

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    National Forests were never park of the same issue that National Parks had. You can OC and CC in a National Forest.
    didn't know that..thanks!
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Finster View Post
    I'm not being a smart ass here this is actually a real question. In a national forest, would the shitters be considered a federal building? I mean, the government does own and maintain them. I just don't want to walk out from the shitter and into a SWAT Team! I would have to shit all over again! Ok maybe a little bit of a smart ass......
    Someone else may post the law, but it is in buildings that are generally occupied by Federal employees. Stand-alone bathrooms are not include in that, but a bathroom inside a regularly occupied building would be. Also, any building that is off-limits is supposed to have signage declaring that firearms are prohibited. This is how it is at the visitors center at Gettysburg, for example. Signs at the visitors center, no signs at the bathrooms in a separate building in the parking lot.
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.