Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Beretta PX4 Storm

Anybody have any experiance with and/or opinions on this pistol?

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Beretta PX4 Storm

Its one of the ugliest Guns i have ever seen, certainly the ugliest Gun Berreta has ever made , but i hear they perform flawlessly.

Nyman

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Its one of the ugliest Guns i have ever seen, certainly the ugliest Gun Berreta has ever made , but i hear they perform flawlessly.

Nyman
    Agreed.

Are you talking about the full size OP?
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

I own a PX4 Storm in 45acp its a very nice gun, not elegant but graceful and full of options. It's ergonomic feel and handling is what i like unlike the 92/96 it does not require large hands to feel at home in. Everything is where it should be on the gun. The sights are very visible and the gun is pretty accurate for a relatively light gun its engineer tames the 45 Acp felt recoil is considerable lighter then the average 1911 or EAA. I don't know if its the polymer frame or rotating barrel or in combination but I also feel that way about my Glock 21sf and it does not have a RB. But I still like the 1911 for what it is.

I would say that Px4 is a great modern pistol everything a pistol owner could want and need if you can get past the 21 century looks. If you hold it it will steal your heart.

Bottom line I like the Beretta PX4 almost as much as I like the 92/96 series.

(Bucks County)

My buddy has a full size one in .40 that I have shot many times. It has works flawlessly but I just can't get over it's bulkiness and I'm not one for safetys. Not sure if you can get it without one. I much perfer to shoot my dad's Glock 23. I also believe the PX4 is on the expensive side.

(Lehigh County)

I own three of them and think they're the best 9mm around. I prefer having the extra thumb safety on a gun.

And I happen to think the design is very aesthetically-pleasing, but my tastes run to the modernistic in most things.

(Montgomery County)

I suppose I'm more of a Beretta 92 guy. I had the opportunity as an Abrams crewman to be trained on it, therefor when I came back to the civvy world it was my prefered handgun... until I got a Glock, but that's a whole other thread. In regards to the Storm I've never had the chance to use one but I hear good things. I have always been pleased with Beretta's quality. To be honest though I'm not a fan of the looks, it kinda looks like the Beretta Ninety-Two, which I wasn't a big fan of.

Quote Originally Posted by 1988 Olds View Post
    My buddy has a full size one in .40 that I have shot many times. It has works flawlessly but I just can't get over it's bulkiness and I'm not one for safetys. Not sure if you can get it without one. I much perfer to shoot my dad's Glock 23. I also believe the PX4 is on the expensive side.
    Bulk wise the Beretta PX4 is less bulky then my Glock 21sf. The Glock 45 has its strong point simplicity and fire power but it is thicker overall. The PX4 does not compare to my Glock 23 in size because its not a compact. The PX4 is a modern polymer frame pistol fully dressed out with super ergonomics its looks are different but it works, for some. There is a version that comes without a safety and a mod staged trigger.

As for being expensive its a Beretta it was $40 more then my Glock 21sf and the reason why I bought the Glock before the Px4.

The more I find out about the PX4 the more I like it. The Glock is just a Glock I own 3 of them they function the same.
    Last edited by Neko456; August 20th, 2010 at 12:46 PM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Its one of the ugliest Guns i have ever seen, certainly the ugliest Gun Berreta has ever made . . .
    Nyman
    Hey now! I happen to like the looks of this Beretta!

When I was shopping around for a 9mm, it was a toss up between the Beretta PX4, Walther P99 and the S&W MP9. I like the new lines and think that they did a nice job, aesthetically, streamlining and refining an already nice design (92) It's a nice break from the badass John McClain style gun.

To each his own though - this is coming from a guy who likes the looks of Ford Pintos too!

I like the new Camaro, 370z, Viper, Cayman and Targa 911. And I've learned to like the looks of PX4, I am a form and function type guy. The PX4 fits my idea of this type pistol smooth operation modern looks and style.

It feels so handy accuracy wise its as accurate as my other Berettas in 9mm and 40 s&w.