Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slo-Mo Saiga 12

(Blair County)

Default Re: Slo-Mo Saiga 12

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga Power View Post
    I sort through all that crap and use the usefull info.....Where do you get your info (S12)?
    Ya that's where I get my info, same name over there as here.

As for the hunting with the Saiga you can do it with a factory 2 round mag for small game or ducks(pretty sure ducks and geese but I don't hunt them). There are true factory two round mags, factory two round mags in 5 round bodies and a couple of aftermarket mags that are cut down to fit only two shells. I only have experience with the factory options though, they do seat on a closed bolt, giving you 2+1.
    The resident Saiga snob
    "You will never leave Harlan alive..."

(Armstrong County)

Good info, didnt know 2rd mags were available.

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=scoutjoe;1367138]Ya that's where I get my info, same name over there as here.

As for the
    Last edited by Saiga Power; January 27th, 2011 at 10:17 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Sure he can, semi shotgun only at 3rd max. No semi rifle or semi handgun.
    If he can find a way to limit the mags to 2 rounds, he should be fine.
    1 chambered, 2 in mag = 3 rds
    SUH-WEEEET! Damn....
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Montgomery County)

My Saiga won't cycle birdshot. Everything else runs fine.

So can you go over the exact benefit of all the work that Tromix does? Yours looks really nice and I'd love to get mine to cycle whatever I feed her.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
    My Saiga won't cycle birdshot. Everything else runs fine.

So can you go over the exact benefit of all the work that Tromix does? Yours looks really nice and I'd love to get mine to cycle whatever I feed her.
    What specific birdshot are you using? If its Winchester universal there is your first problem. If its 7/8ths of a ounce shot in a brand new gun that might be a problem. Is your gas plug in #2 setting compared to #1? Is it still in factory configuration? If it is not who did the work? What mags are you using?

As far as what Tromix does, Tony goes over the entire gas system for utmost reliability (pressing off gas block, standardizing gas ports if need be) then profiling the trigger group so there is no drag on the system, I also believe he polishes contact points but I didn't check in the last Tromix I had my hands on.

Saiga Power, Cobra will set ya straight I've worked with him before on parts, deals and general information swapping
    The resident Saiga snob

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by scoutjoe View Post
    What specific birdshot are you using? If its Winchester universal there is your first problem. If its 7/8ths of a ounce shot in a brand new gun that might be a problem. Is your gas plug in #2 setting compared to #1? Is it still in factory configuration? If it is not who did the work? What mags are you using?

As far as what Tromix does, Tony goes over the entire gas system for utmost reliability (pressing off gas block, standardizing gas ports if need be) then profiling the trigger group so there is no drag on the system, I also believe he polishes contact points but I didn't check in the last Tromix I had my hands on.

Saiga Power, Cobra will set ya straight I've worked with him before on parts, deals and general information swapping
    Hell if I can tell what the factory settings are the manuals are in cyrillic. I've only fired maybe 20 rounds through it to test how it fired and my mags. Got rid of one mag because even after work its spring wasnt strong enough to feed past the second shell. Bought other mags at 2 for 1 and they feed fine. Slugs and buck cycle just fine and I love the accuracy of rifled slugs through it. Thats about all I can tell you honestly.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(Blair County)

I can assure you, there is English in the manual....its pretty miserable but it is English.

What mags are you running and what work did you do to the spring? I'm assuming you don't have a converted gun. Stock gun on top, converted on the bottom

Attached Images Attached Images
    The resident Saiga snob

(Montgomery County)

Ok, its in 1 and it is most assuredly the top one.

I think the bad mag was promag. I think the good ones are surefire.

(they are all packed away so I can't really check).

The other problem with the mag is the interior walls were not smooth and so the platform kept snagging (not helped by the weak spring).

Really haven't had time to take it out much Saiga noob.

(Blair County)

If it was a 10 round stick mag from Promags first batch then the mold was somehow warped/oversized in regards to the body and follower. Newer ones are better.

Push down that little silver button to "free" the gas knob so you can select #2 for birdshot. Stay away from the Winchester Universal, I use a lot of Federal bulk pack in mine, heavier ( 1 oz or 1 1/8th oz) of shot is better especially since you have a newer gun.

Being a noob is ok, we were all there once. If ya have specific questions drop me a PM
    The resident Saiga snob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast