Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Franklin County)

Default Looking for Armed Private Security Jobs

So should have my ACT 235 card in a week or so, in two weeks ill have my Associates in Criminal justice, now i just need to find out whose in the franklin/adams county areas and whether or not they pay more than 13 an hour. I have been laid off for about 2 years and took the time to get my Associates and now the 235, so I just need some ideas, contacts, etc...
    Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks and Keep Shooting.

Tim S.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Looking for Armed Private Security Jobs

Looking into 3 mile island and Fort Detrick security. Anyone know the names of the respective companies at each site? Or even better if anyone knows who us operating security at Letterkenny these days? Once again any information would be appreciated.

(Franklin County)

I see army driving "Police" vehicles on the base~talked with one young chap in uniform just the other day. The truck was out front of one of our buildings and when I pulled in a soldier came out from the dumpster..nice fellow, just looking for scrap wood.

Don't know of any private security there, I mean when you have the army....
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maquis View Post
    I see army driving "Police" vehicles on the base~talked with one young chap in uniform just the other day. The truck was out front of one of our buildings and when I pulled in a soldier came out from the dumpster..nice fellow, just looking for scrap wood.

Don't know of any private security there, I mean when you have the army....
    Hahaa yeah i know right? A few years back and before that they had perimeter security contracted through a private firm. I figured they went with the smart choice and just use soldiers now. Maybe someday soon when i get my big boy pants Ill just join the Army and wont have to worry about all this private sector crap lol. Anyhow thanks for the reply and keep shooting.

Tim

(Franklin County)

The friday i finished my ACT 235 course at HACC i got a callback from US Security for an armed position. Been here since september 2010. Have to admit im astoundingly dissapointed in the state of private security. Second guessing my choices of ACT235 and Degree in Criminal Justice. Trying to get back into tech and maybe combine the two down the road... life is learning right?

(Adams County)

Yeah, it does not pay enough to worry with. I let me 235 run out years ago. Fast food places were paying about the same as the armed courier position I had. The Associates is a stepping stone into something that can eventually pay off (finishing a Bachelors). Without at least a BA and military experience (for those extra civil service points), criminal justice field will barely support anyone.

(Monroe County)

Why don't you apply with the DOC or county correctional facilties? Municipal police generally don't require a 2 year degree, and the state police only require a two year degree. Start putting your applications out.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....