Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What is "research"?

Quote Originally Posted by xwickslady View Post
    ... Oh, by the way Kratos - you said "Most girls are idiots, so keep that in mind" I'm a girl, well not so much a girl anymore but definitely female!
    xwickslady... I caught that too and was gonna say something

BTW, welcome to the forum and hope you get a quick answer from PICS research.

Is this your first firearm purchase and do you have your license to carry firearms (LTCF)...just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by xwickslady View Post
    Thanks to all of you for your helpful (mostly) comments. So for now, I'll just take a deep breath and wait and see what happens. From what you have all said - it seems like it will probably just work itself out. Oh, by the way Kratos - you said "Most girls are idiots, so keep that in mind" I'm a girl, well not so much a girl anymore but definitely female!
    lol, sorry about that. I didn't look at your name. You'll notice I said most, which leaves ample space for women like my wife and you. My apologies if you took any offense.

What did you put in the section Have or Are you a mental patience? Have you ever been charged with domestic violence? You said not even a traffic ticket so you are clear there.

I think around here only handguns and assault rifles do you have a immediate record check. I usually pick the gun up the same day. I wonder whats is going on with your clearance.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the welcome to the forum - you have all been very helpful! Yes, this is my first firearm purchase, I figured it was about time I stopped borrowing all my friends & family's shottys & got my own. PS- I always returned them cleaned and with a fresh box of shells.
    I don't even want to think what I'd have to go through to get a license to carry after how this has gone just trying to get a shotgun. I had always been (please pardon the pun) a bit gun shy because I grew up in New Jersey and you practically have to be related to get any kind of a firearm there, so I never even tried. If I didn't have a family that hunted I probably wouldn't have ever handled any guns in my entire life. The powers that be are so scared of giving permits to law-abiding people, they forget about all the illegal weapons floating around. Seems like the priorities are mixed up - don't get me going...... Anyway, it has been great "talking" to all of you and I hope to continue to in the future.

Kratos - no offense taken. All said in good humor!

(Chester County)

Thanks for the welcome to the forum - you have all been very helpful! Yes, this is my first firearm purchase, I figured it was about time I stopped borrowing all my friends & family's shottys & got my own. PS- I always returned them cleaned and with a fresh box of shells.
    I don't even want to think what I'd have to go through to get a license to carry after how this has gone just trying to get a shotgun. I had always been (please pardon the pun) a bit gun shy because I grew up in New Jersey and you practically have to be related to the Governor to get any kind of a firearm there, so I never even tried. If I didn't have a family that hunted I probably wouldn't have ever handled any guns in my entire life. The powers that be are so scared of giving permits to law-abiding people, they forget about all the illegal weapons floating around. Seems like the priorities are mixed up - don't get me going...... Anyway, it has been great "talking" to all of you and I hope to continue to in the future.

Kratos - no offense taken. All said in good humor!

(Delaware County)

Over the years I bought several handguns and a rifle, no problem, then I bought a receiver for an AR15 and was put into research for about a week and a half, then approved. No explanation was given. A couple months later I bought a shotgun, again, no problem. Who knows what triggers it, I do know it's frustrating, especially having passed several times before.

Good luck to ya.

Most of the time "Research" is a system error and they don't want to tell someone that. The next person that they call in on goes right through. They don't always get back to the "Research" for a few days. Bad system.

(Chester County)

Thumbs up Re: What is "research"?

Hey all! - I got a call today telling me I was approved for the purchase of my Mossberg 590. I couldn't get over there quick enough! I kept thinking "they're going to change their minds". I brought her home and am very pleased. Now, if a stray turkey should run through my yard....... Thanks again to all of you for the support and info when I stressing out over being "put in research".

(York County)

Congrats!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12