Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LCCC

(Lackawanna County)

Default LCCC

Today my daughter is signing up for the fall semester,her major is Cyber Security Managment.

SOOO,how is the area for crime,should i be worried,or would full blown paranoia be called for.

Anyone on the forum go there,or has gone there, what is security like, good,bad or non-existant, yes,i know i sound like a raving lunatic,it's because right now i am one,she is the youngest of the family and i'm having a hard time understanding that she is not a little girl anymore but is a young woman.

God i wish she was old enough to carry.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: LCCC

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    Today my daughter is signing up for the fall semester,her major is Cyber Security Managment.

SOOO,how is the area for crime,should i be worried,or would full blown paranoia be called for.

Anyone on the forum go there,or has gone there, what is security like, good,bad or non-existant, yes,i know i sound like a raving lunatic,it's because right now i am one,she is the youngest of the family and i'm having a hard time understanding that she is not a little girl anymore but is a young woman.

God i wish she was old enough to carry.
    Just put it this way: I would be more worried if she was going to Wilkes or the U...

I can't speak on the specifics, but as far as I know, there usually isn't a whole lot going on there, as far as crime and bad things. I just played them in basketball a few times, but other than that, I can't help too much. ..

I went to highschool with a girl that went there, and I never really heard any issues from her. Obviously there is still going to be parties and whatnot, it's just whether or not you want her to/she knows enough what to do about that sort of college life.
    Last edited by NikeBauer21; August 19th, 2010 at 01:10 PM.
    III%

(Luzerne County)

I've been there more than a few times,my brother in law is a professor there.The actual City of Nanticoke is a little rough,but the campus is pretty mundane.I really can't recall ever hearing of any kind of crime there,[other than the usual school board CORRUPTION,LOL!!]place always seemed pretty safe to me..

(Lackawanna County)

Thanks guys,that helps ease things for me,as for the parties,she knows to keep out of trouble, as so not to screw up her drivers license or when the time comes, her getting a LTCF,and she is more into trucks and off roading than drinking,her dream truck is a Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by redeye202 View Post
    Thanks guys,that helps ease things for me,as for the parties,she knows to keep out of trouble, as so not to screw up her drivers license or when the time comes, her getting a LTCF,and she is more into trucks and off roading than drinking,her dream truck is a Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel.
    Soooo... if she needs any help moving in or anything, just let me know..

J/k... Hope she enjoys it there!
    III%

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    Soooo... if she needs any help moving in or anything, just let me know..

J/k... Hope she enjoys it there!
    She won't be moving in there,she will commute,and in the winter if the roads get real bad she has friends down there who she can stay with.

My only real worry was with security.

(Lackawanna County)

I spoke to and issued a survey to a class there once. (Tell her that for one of her electives to try to take Cheryle Cavalari, excellent professor). The campus is very similar to a giant high school.

Nanticoke (while I've gone there riding the motorcycle) can be a pretty rough area.

(Luzerne County)

If she hits really bad weather on the way home,I'm a half mile off 81 in Dupont..[Hope she likes dogs,LOL!!!]

(Luzerne County)

Smile Re: LCCC

So I'm sitting in Macungie last week watching the advertising channel on their cable network. There is an ad from Delaware Valley College. It says that each school is required by law to publish a yearly crime report. So you could ask LCCC for a copy of their report and see for yourself.
    You'd Better Hope Your Insane, Cause There's No Cure For Stupid!

(Lackawanna County)

Once again you guys come thru for me,THANK YOU ALL.
    This information keeps a dad from going crazy with worry,there used to be a time when a dad worried about beer and weed parties,i did my share,but now you have to worry about muggings,rapes,murders and the like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast