Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Is It Common? "NO LOADED GUNS ALLOWED IN GUN SHOP"

I noticed Mikes Gun Shop in Levittown,PA has a big sign in the window that reads "NO LOADED GUNS ALLOWED IN STORE" so I got back into my car and drove to Tanners to spend my money. Great bunch of guys at Tanners I'm always happy to give them my business. Any other shops have this policy?

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Is It Common? "NO LOADED GUNS ALLOWED IN GUN SHOP"

It's a rule many shops implement in a futile attempt to stop morons from bringing in loaded firearms and then pulling them out to check for holster fit, to sell/trade, etc.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Allegheny County)

i have seen such signs at several gun stores. often, though, there is an exception for carry guns that will not be unholstered in the store.

there are too many morons who bring in loaded guns for repair, to sell, etc.
    F*S=k

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    It's a rule many shops implement in a futile attempt to stop morons from bringing in loaded firearms and then pulling them out to check for holster fit, to sell/trade, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    i have seen such signs at several gun stores. often, though, there is an exception for carry guns that will not be unholstered in the store.

This ^^^^

Seems like a small percentage of shops. I personally see more in "urban" areas than rural with this policy.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

It blows my mind that people keep Fire arms loaded that they are not intending to carry or use .. I bought a Pistol the other week from a Private seller, went to a shop to do the FFL & when I opened the case to inspect the Fire arm it was loaded with one in the chamber .. I turned & said to the seller" you know the gun was Loaded ?? " he replied " I don't believe in keeping guns unloaded " I laughed & said OK ... while thinking to myself " WOW soo this is how people Accidentally get killed ".... The seller had no Idea If I new how to Safely operate the fire arm & they didn't warn me what so ever .. Luckily I follow my own set of rules & assumed it was loaded even though I figured it probably wasn't ....

But I agree with the OP I don't want to leave my carry gun outside of any store I'm going in ,let alone a Gun shop ..
    "Emergency's seldom favor the unprepared"

IMO this is mostly CYA policy plus, as already pointed out, hopefully it will resonate with some moron that hasn't checked the old shotty in the closet for 20yrs.

I just ignore them and go about my business. If a situation arises where I'm asked to leave I'll gladly take my business elsewhere.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Allegheny County)

Almost all of my guns are currently loaded. Your mind? Blown.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Game View Post
    Almost all of my guns are currently loaded. Your mind? Blown.
    This. No reason for them to be unloaded. But I don't leave my guns laying around for other people to mess with them. They are either locked in my safe, on my person, or at least within arms reach.

(Monroe County)

My SOP is when you hand me a weapon is I have you clear it and present a clear chamber with open slide/bolt or cyl. You will get the same.
    (Except during live fire at the range then always say it's loaded and put on safe when possable when handing over.)

Amazing I've never had a issue of finding a loaded gun.

I don't completely agree with shops and gun shows that have that rule but way I look at it- the rule is not aimed at me but I have to comply due to the people who is is aimed at.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by General Geoff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    This ^^^^

Seems like a small percentage of shops. I personally see more in "urban" areas than rural with this policy.
    As was said above, it's an attempt at stopping idiots from pulling a loaded gun in the store for whatever reason. There was big arguments about this same issue with holsters at Cabela's. People were pulling their carry guns out and fitting new holsters. Huge failure. There's to many people out there who lack common sense, some shops just like to give them a friendly reminder about it, to try and ensure everyone's safety.

And also like the other guys said, many shops only mean that in reference to any gun you plan on taking out in the shop, not necessarily a carry gun. Most support carry, just don't pull it out for any reason other than self defense.
    III%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast