Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default I don't know if I should go Glock again.

I bought a Glock 19 about 4 months ago. I love it, it has been totally reliable and accurate every time. It is a 3rd gen. I really like the RTF2 19 with the fish gill slide serrations. I think I want it, but I cannot decide on whether or not I should put down another $500 on basically the same gun I have. Any suggestions for/against buying the gun? If you are against it, do you have any other recommendations for a gun? It could be a revolver or semi, and any caliber but I prefer 9mm and .45acp or .357mag and 45 colt. I appreciate any input

(York County)

Default Re: I don't know if I should go Glock again.

congrats on going glock in the first place... lol

I actually looked at the RTF 2's when I was gonna get my first hand gun. I ended up getting the standard Gen3 but it was only because Atlantic Tactical didn't have any of the G23's in RTF2

I would say don't go for the RTF 2.... If you want to go for something that is basically the same gun, go for the G19 in the Gen 4.... I've heard they are pretty nice and the one I held was certainly nice.

Woulda gotten that one too but I got mine right when the Gen 4 came out so it was only available in the G22 and I needed a pistol that could be concealed at least somewhat... Now I OC nearly all the time and have a G26 backup gun / CC weapon... Go figure! lolol

As you said, the Glock will keep chugging away, no matter what. They are great guns and are made like a brick when it comes to function and reliability.

If you want something other than Glock and you know how to do some simple gun smithing, buy a RIA 1911 and build it into what you want it to be. I've heard great reviews and it happens to be a project I am working on funding right now.... GOOD LUCK
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

(Bucks County)

There's a lot of good reasons to purchase another Glock such as familiarity with controls/trigger, magazine swapping and as a back-up for during training classes.

Depending on what your needs are, larger gun for a lot of range time or smaller for deeper concealment, I recommend you stick with Glock and get either a 17 or 26. I'm not a Glockophile so I'm not sure if they both are available in in RTF.

If you already have a Glock keep it and buy another brand. Make the size smaller or larger, all metal or DA/SA...
    With so many great guns on the market why only buy from one Company.
    Last edited by group17; August 19th, 2010 at 08:38 AM.

(York County)

I wouldn't buy two G19's.
    You could either sell this one and get the other or just get a different gun. G17 or G26 would make a lot of sense like has been said. I love my G26!
    If you want something new thats up to you, maybe check out the Springfield XDM it now comes in 9mm and .45. I have the XDM 40 and like it a lot also.

(Montgomery County)

Nothing wrong with having more than one Glock!!

I own 4 actually, a 19, 23, 26, and 30. My reasons are the same as the ones mentioned previously: familiarity with the platform, ease of use/maintenance, reliablity and affordability.

In regards to your question: If the RTF is what you would really rather have, then you could sell the one you have and get the one you really want, or you could just have one of each. I've never held an RTF, but I have heard the rough texture can be quite extreme. If thats what you like than cool, but the Gen 4's have a toned down version of those little "stubbies" on the grip that makes it "rougher." Maybe you may want to consider one of those instead.

I know plenty of people with doubles of the same gun. Plus if ever confiscated from an sd shooting, rogue cop, etc,etc; you'll have a replacement! I even know someone who has two G19's one from Smyrna and another with the Austrian proofing on it from when Glock couldn't keep up with the demand in '08 or '09?? and imported them in, kind of cool. He bought that 2nd one for that reason.

I've asked myself the same question before if it was foolish to have more than one glock, but honestly I have held and fired other brands and nothing has impressed me to the point where I would shell out the dough and switch, especially the main glock competitors in that class of polymer gun like m&ps, xd's, rugers, etc.

Hope that helps, btw my favs are the 19 and 26!
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Delaware County)

another 19 is never bad.
    a 26 is a good idea too.

outside of that, i'd get an older revolver, such as a Smith 10, 13, 15 or 19
    THINK ABOUT IT TWICE, Cause you're slow with your hands

(Allegheny County)

as mentioned above, there are two very compelling reasons to have at least one extra copy of the gun you carry.

1. if something happens to it--like it is confiscated after a self-defense shooting--you still have a carry gun that you are familiar and practiced with ready to go.

2. if your primary gun goes down during a training class, you can just switch to the backup copy and keep on keepin' on in the class.

personally, i own 3 handguns. a 2nd gen glock 17, a 2nd gen glock 17, and a 2nd gen glock 17.
    F*S=k

God, make up your mind and get something already, just kidding man, dont get mad.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Lehigh County)

if glocks fit you i would go with possibly a different caliber... i personally liked the .45 but i dont have the money for it and my wife doesnt like the lack of mechanical external saftey... there is alot on the market at the moment... i wouldnt mind having an sp101 or something similar... i mean it all depends on what your into at the moment... you may go on a 1911 kick or you may see a revolver you like somewhere and want that... so whatever you want at the moment look into it and buy it...

it is your money after all...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast