Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs up A Whole Day of Positive Encounters?!

Must be a full moon or something. I picked up the fishing rod and headed to the lake to fish and just relax in the woods. I got to the point where it was just time to relax, I throw a bobber on with a little bell and a worm and lay back and look to the sky to relax.

Two women come walking down the trail with their dogs, i sit up when the dog comes up to me, it was one of those pretty wiemeriners. They glanced down at my pistol, not a word about it. I talked to them a couple minutes and they were on their way. Half hour later and one tiny bass i moved to the next spot on the other side of the lake. Passed quite a few people and they had to have seen my glock, i was wearing a white shirt and kaki shorts with a black holster, they all nodded and kept jogging. On my way out i passed a a family walking the trails. The dad asked how the fishing was and i said its been better but it was just a nice relaxing day. He said yea fishing is nice and said he needs to get his license again. Said our goodbyes and he said nice glock btw, of course i replied thanks with a smile.

All in all it was a great day filled with good encounters.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Default Re: A Whole Day of Positive Encounters?!

What lake was this- Redman?

I am getting more convinced every day that York county is really overall OC friendly. Other than the City and maybe Stewartstown. But that would just be the PDs there, and in a more detailed sense, just individual officers and Computer Steve's thorn, LT Fells. Non LEOs on the other hand don't seem to have issues. MD people, either visiting or transplants, don't seem to care or notice. Ok, what's in the water? The water is also on the MD side adjoining- there are some creeks orginating in PA that flow into MD in these parts- Little Falls, Deer Creek, Ebaughs Creek. Mason and Dixon put that line too far north LOL. The MD side in question is us bunch of yokels and rednecks LOL.
    LOL, I am a woman...

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    What lake was this- Redman?

I am getting more convinced every day that York county is really overall OC friendly. Other than the City and maybe Stewartstown. But that would just be the PDs there, and in a more detailed sense, just individual officers and Computer Steve's thorn, LT Fells. Non LEOs on the other hand don't seem to have issues. MD people, either visiting or transplants, don't seem to care or notice. Ok, what's in the water? The water is also on the MD side adjoining- there are some creeks orginating in PA that flow into MD in these parts- Little Falls, Deer Creek, Ebaughs Creek. Mason and Dixon put that line too far north LOL. The MD side in question is us bunch of yokels and rednecks LOL.
    yes Redman and Williams

I've had very good experiences in York county so far. My only questionable one was the woman and her daughter in Giant last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001
    ...You can join the "Pennsylvania Association of Pointy-Stick Owners"...