Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Got my new TAC-65 suppressor yesterday! (vid)

Hey guys I know I've posted pics of this a few times, but up until yesterday, this baby was sitting at the dealer waiting for the tax stamp. Well yesterday the tax stamp came in, and I drove home with my first ever NFA item!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Got my new TAC-65 suppressor yesterday! (vid)

Sorry mods didnt mean to post this twice. I tried to edit it to make the picture smaller but ended up re-posting it. Please delete this. Thanks

(Lancaster County)

Very cool!
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Armstrong County)

Congrats on the can!
    welcome to the darkside

you have been warned......suppressors are a gateway drug

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    Congrats on the can!
    welcome to the darkside

you have been warned......suppressors are a gateway drug
    Yes I am already feeling the urge to send in for my SBR tax stamp! Regarding that, if I register my lower as an SBR, but don't shorten the barrel right away, is that legal? So, an SBR with a 16" barrel? What barrel length should I write on the form? Does it matter? I wanna get the tax stamp out of the way, but have no money for a new upper. Thanks!

(Northampton County)

Congrats! Gotta love that 1st round "Pop" before the O2 is cleaned out of the can :-)

What rounds are you using?

Skullz
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
    Congrats! Gotta love that 1st round "Pop" before the O2 is cleaned out of the can :-)

What rounds are you using?

Skullz
    Is that why? I always thought it had to do with air pressure or something. I'm using cci mini mags

(Armstrong County)

LOL good, no point in stopping now.

Here is what i would recommend.

-get your lower engraved FIRST. that way if it gets messed up while being engraved (it has happened), you are out only a lower. not a lower, $200 + 4 months of your time.

-submit your Form1. put what ever length you think you want to run on the Form1, but only 1 length. along with 1 caliber, not multi or 22L/9mm/223.

for your initial form:
    say you want an 11.5" upper. when you fill out you Form1, use the 11.5" for your barrel length. use an overall length 4.5" shorter than your 16" upper with the stock/lower attached.

After you have your stamp, you can swap different length uppers anytime you wish, own whatever you want.
    my buddy only owns one AR, but has it SBR'd and 3 different short uppers along with his factory 20".

Try some CCI Std Vel rounds. Mini Mags are pretty damn hot to be shooting suppressed out of a pistol. You may really be surprised in the difference.
    Last edited by Nate7667; August 19th, 2010 at 09:27 AM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nate7667 View Post
    LOL good, no point in stopping now.

Here is what i would recommend.

-get your lower engraved FIRST. that way if it gets messed up while being engraved (it has happened), you are out only a lower. not a lower, $200 + 4 months of your time.

-submit your Form1. put what ever length you think you want to run on the Form1, but only 1 length. along with 1 caliber, not multi or 22L/9mm/223.

for your initial form:
    say you want an 11.5" upper. when you fill out you Form1, use the 11.5" for your barrel length. use an overall length 4.5" shorter than your 16" upper with the stock/lower attached.

After you have your stamp, you can swap different length uppers anytime you wish, own whatever you want.
    my buddy only owns one AR, but has it SBR'd and 3 different short uppers along with his factory 20".

Try some CCI Std Vel rounds. Mini Mags are pretty damn hot to be shooting suppressed out of a pistol. You may really be surprised in the difference.
    Awesome, thanks for the info. For the overall length, should I measure with the stock collapsed or extended? Also, thanks for the tip about the mini mags. I did not know they were hot; I just always known them to be the most reliable. To be honest, I was a little dissapointed with the sound level when I first shot it. Maybe its just the ammo. I'll try some bulk pack stuff tonight (federal and winchester) and when I have a chance, I'll buy some standard velocity and subsonics. Rep inbound!

(Armstrong County)

No problem
    You can measure with the stock collapsed or extended. Even collapsed, its still over 26" OAL with a 16" upper.

Well Mini-Mags are called that because they are hot ammo. Meaning they are almost going to perform like a 22mag round.
    They are reliable because they have more snot to cycle a blow-back action.

Even the bulk pack stuff may be louder than what you want. Most of it is HV.
    Buy as many different kinds of ammo as you can find. Try them all and then buy what works/sounds the best.
    Also remember, the Buckmark ejection is open on both sides, not just the right side like 99% of all other pistols. You will get a little more action/blowback noise. You can fire it with your thumb holding the slide at the very back to make it more quiet. You just have to manually cycle the gun.
    Here is a list of what i compiled through my Buckmark/TacSol 4"Trail-lite/Sparrow and posted on SilencerTalk.
    -CCI StdVel, nice and quiet
    -CCI Subs, same as above, cant tell the two apart
    -Blazers, seemed just as quiet as the StdVel
    -Rem Subs, quiet but not as reliable to cycle as the CCI
    -Fed 550 WM Bulk, ok but you could hear the diff, louder than above rounds
    -Fed Am Eagle, loud, but they are HV
    -Win Expert, loud, again they are HV. a few had a sonic crack

Good luck