Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Glock 26 trigger guard

I have the 26, but I guess this applies to the other models also. Since the front part of the trigger guard is concave and textured, is it meant to be used by the forefinger of the weak hand using a two handed grip? Does anyone use it this way?

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Glock 26 trigger guard

Quote Originally Posted by JJN View Post
    I have the 26, but I guess this applies to the other models also. Since the front part of the trigger guard is concave and textured, is it meant to be used by the forefinger of the weak hand using a two handed grip? Does anyone use it this way?
    I think Glock wanted to give that option.

One *could* use it like that.
    I myself do not use it. I keep my left index finger ontop of my right middle finger. Both being tucked neatly under the trigger gaurd. . .

(Allegheny County)

I don't use it like that. It's also protrudes back out instead of being all rounded. Someone 'somewhere' said it's so you can use it to push into the top edge of a barrier to steady the weapon.

Who knows, but I don't use it.

When I grip a sub-compact, I usually put my left fore-finger on the front of the trigger guard. I only do this for an LCP or another gun designed for having only two fingers on the grip and one on the trigger with the pinky hanging off. I get really great results when I thread the right hand pinky on top of the left hand pinky, using the left fore-finger on the trigger guard and locking everything up that way. It really works fantastically well, the explanation might be a little confusing so I'll post pics when I get a chance.

If all my fingers were on the grip, I'd never use the fore-finger on the trigger guard. The above method just helps my huge hands control a really tiny gun.
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Monroe County)

I agree it is to give that option but that is not how I grip the pistol.

Asmodeus6: That's an interesting idea on how to use the area, will have to try it and see if it helps steady the gun.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JJN View Post
    I use it for that sometimes. Come to think of it, mostly all the time. I use the index finger on my weak hand on the trigger gaurd to "pull" the Glock tight into my strong hand. That gives me a better grip and steadier aim when I'm aiming for bullseye hits, or center mass hits. It is a comfortable grip for me.

Really, it's what feels best to you when you are aiming and what works best for you. Don't worry about how it looks or if anybody else does it like that. If how you hold it is puttin' em where you want them to go, your doing something right.

(Lackawanna County)

yup, I have used it both ways.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by biggs88 View Post
    I think Glock wanted to give that option.

One *could* use it like that.
    I myself do not use it. I keep my left index finger ontop of my right middle finger. Both being tucked neatly under the trigger gaurd. . .
    ^^^^^^This^^^^^
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Bucks County)

I use it that way! I have a Glock 19. I shot regualarly for awhile, but then I thought I'd try to use the hook thingy (whatever you want to call it). My groups immediately improved, seriously! I don't know why it is, but it really makes a big difference for me. Now I automatically grip most guns that way, and it actually bothers me when a gun doesn't have this feature, or at least have some checkering.

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I use it that way! I have a Glock 19. I shot regualarly for awhile, but then I thought I'd try to use the hook thingy (whatever you want to call it). My groups immediately improved, seriously! I don't know why it is, but it really makes a big difference for me. Now I automatically grip most guns that way, and it actually bothers me when a gun doesn't have this feature, or at least have some checkering.
    I shot that way, but avoid it now so there's no difference in my grip with a WML.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast