Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Attempted to lure

Thanks for the comments. He just made bail unforunately, today. If he doesn't run he's looking at 1-3 years. He waved the charges at the hearing which means it will now go to the main courts where he will have to make his plea. He already basically agreed to 1 charge of luring and 1 charge of giving a false name. So, I guess we'll see how this plays out down the road.

Since he's out, we are on extra guard here at the house. He's not allowed to be within a 1/2 mile of any of the parks here and our daughter, not that it will stop him.

But I'll tell ya, talking to a couple of the detectives today was a real eye opener to how many of these guys around this area, and any area for that matter. Just they blend in so well.

Thanks again folks!
    Springfield XD.40 / Rossi .357 Revolver

(Monroe County)

Want a real eye opener? Check the megans law site and see the number of registered sex offenders around here...

Glad everything is ok, Im suprised I missed the story in the paper as I LIVE in Tobyharlem myself (Pocono Farms East). Either way, rep to you and the kids!

Gonna have to buy you and the wife a coffee one of these days for educating your kids well.
    Last edited by SteveinNEPA; August 21st, 2010 at 03:12 AM.

(Venango County)

Thank god the kids are allright, and thank god they were taught how to react.

There used to be a time when you didn't worry about things like this. Now, it seems like it is everywhere.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Luzerne County)

[QUOTE=SteveinNEPA;1311432]Want a real eye opener? Check the megans law site and see the number of registered sex offenders around here.../QUOTE]

You are not kidding about this. My wife checks the site once a week, and it seems PA has become the state that all these sex offenders move to.

just glad everything worked out. Today you have to make sure your kids know everything, and are very observent. I would also let my neighbors know about this pos. I assume he lives in pcp.

BAIL WAS SET AT $10000?????????? those two girls could of been murdered, but the rocket could get up to 30 years in prison for lying

what the frig is wrong with our judicial system.....

to the OP. thank god your kids knew what to do in a situation like that and they didn't get hurt.. mega rep to them...
    FJB

This stuff just kills me to read about it. I remember when PCP was nothing but trees. Heck, I can remember back before Pocono Farms. We lived for a number of years on 196 (we all called it Sterling Road back in the early 60s) and there was NOTHING around. My parents still live not too far from this cesspool in the woods.

My wife and I raised three daughters, and taught them the same as you have taught yours, although they never came this close to danger when they were younger. Kudos and rep to both of you for raising her the right way, not just to recognize and avoid the danger, but to follow up and go after the guy.

(Lackawanna County)

I remember Pocono City Place back before it existed. To get to my aunt's house, you had to drive about 3/4s of a mile into the woods; it cost them a fortune just to get power and phone lines brought in. There were no gates, simply because the place didn't exist at the time. Their closest neighbor was half-a-mile down, the property came mainly from those two parcels in the very beginning. Now, they have houses on the very borders of the homestead on all sides; they can't wait to get out.

PCP is now the largest 'municipality' in Monroe county; the population is greater than S-burg and E-burg combined.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Monroe County)

I remember reading about this on the PR a few days ago. I'm glad your daughter is safe and it seems you taught her well. Their education only begins there, and never ends. You need to provide them with an educational, safe, and fun shooting environment so they can learn the skills necessary to defend themselves if it ever came down to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    BAIL WAS SET AT $10000??????????
    LOL our county jail is over crowded, maximum residency has been surpassed and there are criminals laying on cots. There is over a hundred more people there than the jail was built for. Keeping that in mind, what fucking judge gave this piece of shit 10k bail? Go with 500k and an ankle bracelet if he can afford that. These are the kinds of criminals we need to keep incarcerated, and NOT go easy on. Maximum sentence each and every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Just friggin mind boggling how bad this area has become. We lived in PCP in the late 80s, it was a fairly nice place to live but not it, and many areas around it, have become cesspools.

Glad your girls knew better than to fall for it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast