Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default gun shops buying ar 15 rifles in s.e. pa

I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. If not then i apologize. but I'm looking for a good gun shop in s.e. pa who buys ar 15's. I have a barely used stag arms model 2 I need to sell. Any help or guidance here would be appreciated. Thank you.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: gun shops buying ar 15 rifles in s.e. pa

Any reason for not posting it for sale in the classified section here?

(Berks County)

No, I do plan to post it there when I get back home to take pictures. I am in the military stationed in Virginia, and have to make it home to PA to get pictures. I'm also just weighing all of my options.

Between a rock and a hard place, Pennsylvania
    (York County)

You may want to go the classified section route to sell your ar-15 here on the boards. Unless you need the cash right away selling to a shop would not give you the best return. I have noticed that since the Obama gun buying frenzy has subsided & the economy is still in a slump higher priced guns have been sitting on the self collecting dust. One of the gun shops I frequent told me that he is really cutting back on the amount of money he is willing to pay for a used gun that comes into the shop simply because he cannot sell them for the the prices he used to get a 1 year ago, and he cannot "eat" the overhead cost to his business. If you do sell outright to a shop don't be too suprised if they only offer you 50% of its value. If you can you can sell on the classified section you may get a little more money for your ar-15 that is if you are willing to wait to get it sold.

(Schuylkill County)

As others have said, your best bet is to sell it privately if you want to get out of it what it's worth.

But to answer your original question, just about any gun shop will buy your AR for the right price (for them of course).

So really, it all depends on whether you want "quick" money, or whether you want to get out of it what it's worth.

Sorry I cant provide any specific shops in that area, but I just wanted to throw in my .02
    III%

Quote Originally Posted by kgbartechko View Post
    I hope this is an appropriate place to post this. If not then i apologize. but I'm looking for a good gun shop in s.e. pa who buys ar 15's. I have a barely used stag arms model 2 I need to sell. Any help or guidance here would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Have ya tried Pachella Arms in Boyertown , or Seneca Arms in Green Lane?

(Bucks County)

Clayton's hunting and fishing in Horsham 1 mile north of 276 (east/ west turnpike)

(Berks County)

Just wondering, What are you asking for the ar?

(Lancaster County)

AR's and other "Evil Guns" are in lower demand now than they have been over the last two years. Lots of gun shops stocked up during the Obama craze and are still sitting on them and realizing they're going to have to take a loss to sell them.

You could sell yours to a shop, but you're not going to get a good price for it.

My suggestion is this:

go to www.budsbuysguns.com
    Look up your model, if it's not there, email them for a quote.

Buds pays more for guns than most shops will. My guess is this is because they have an entire national market to sell to, rather than just a local market like the neighborhood gun shop.

Take your quote from them and add 10-20% to it, then post it for sale on the classifieds.

This will get you a price that is more than you will get from any gun shop, but low enough that it's a good deal for buyers looking on the forum. This should result in a quick sale.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by kgbartechko View Post
    No, I do plan to post it there when I get back home to take pictures. I am in the military stationed in Virginia, and have to make it home to PA to get pictures. I'm also just weighing all of my options.
    Were in VA? If your in SE VA you can sell it under consignment at The Armory in Va Beach.

www.the-armory.com

Side note he-he my post count and rep is the same.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast