Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Fayette County)

Default What's it worth?

Hello. I am new to this forum, I am from Acme, PA-Fayette County. I have a Ruger Black Hawk .357 I am thinking of selling or trading towards a smaller pistol I can use for carry purposes. I would like a 9mm or similar. It has a slight blemish in the bluing (in the picture look at the base of the barrel near the receiver) it had a scratch and I took it back to the shop I bought it from and they "fixed" it. Oh well.

I was just wondering what is the going rate or a fair price to ask, I don't want to overcharge and not be able to sell it.

Edit: Oh yeah I have had it about 6 years, but it was used when I bought it.

Thanks,

Mike

(Chester County)

Default Re: What's it worth?

I'd probably list it for $325-$350, and accept $300 for a local sale.

Aren't they about $400, NIB?

You could probably trade it in at a gun shop in the $250 range, if you were buying a new gun from them and they wanted your business in the future.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Fayette County)

Default Re: What's it worth?

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking $250-275 for a sale so maybe I should either list it for sale or take a ride to the shop and see what kind of a deal I could make. I like this gun but I hardly ever shoot it (I bet 1 box in all the time I have owned it) and I want something I can carry and can't afford to just take money and buy one right now, so this one needs to go.

But I would still like to hear what others think it is worth or more importantly what i could get out of it realistically.
    Last edited by Coop650; October 26th, 2007 at 03:49 PM.