Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Musser's Outdoors Ephrata, PA

I took a trip into Musser's Outdoors in Ephrata today, it was their grand opening. This shop used to be Trout Run Sports.

The shop looks basically the same, and had a lot of the same merchandise Trout Run had on the shelves before it disappeared.

It looked like the owner's whole family was working, which I think is great. Everyone was extremely friendly and help was readily available. They had a good selection, especially for a small shop and their prices were reasonable. They also had a good selection of used guns, which to me is also a plus.

They also have a good layaway plan for impulse buyers like myself.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Musser's Outdoors Ephrata, PA

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post
    I took a trip into Musser's Outdoors in Ephrata today, it was their grand opening. This shop used to be Trout Run Sports.

The shop looks basically the same, and had a lot of the same merchandise Trout Run had on the shelves before it disappeared.

It looked like the owner's whole family was working, which I think is great. Everyone was extremely friendly and help was readily available. They had a good selection, especially for a small shop and their prices were reasonable. They also had a good selection of used guns, which to me is also a plus.

They also have a good layaway plan for impulse buyers like myself.
    I was there today for the first time, and my assessment would be exactly the same as yours. They have mostly used guns, which is what I'm drawn to. Their offering of ammo is modest...but it's better than Trout Run EVER had. They had lots of friendly help.

I collect SKSs, and they had several to choose from at reasonable prices. They had a Norinco paratrooper carbine priced at $299., which I consider a bargain.

I wish them the best!

(Lancaster County)

By any by chance did you take notice of there hours? Thanks

(Lancaster County)

(Lancaster County)

I noticed the guns I was interested in when it was Trout Run that are still there have been marked down about twenty dollars each. The owner is very friendly and eager to please but a little on the hyper side. I hope he doesnt burn himself out. Two of the salesmen from the old store are back as well but seem to have been re-programmed by the new owner which is a good thing. I hope they can shake the curse of the previous store and get some local business back.

(Lancaster County)

Went to Musser's Outdoors in Ephrata today for some 9mm defense ammo. Picked up a 20 count box of Federal Hydra-Shok, which was $21.95. Owner and Staff were friendly and helpful. I'll be checking back with them on the availability of Hornaday Critical Defense in 9mm. Good shopping experience. After browsing a minute or two I was offered help by one of the employees. Just what I would expect from good service. When I worked retail part time for awhile I was trained not to jump right on a customer as soon as they walked in the door.

I have yet to visit the store since the change in ownership. I'll make my way out there eventually.

FYI I sent them an e-mail asking how much they charge for a transfer. (internet gun bought gun) They answer their e-mails quickly. The price was $40.

(Lancaster County)

I've been there a few times since its opened. The store looks great and im glad to see it under new ownership. However, I have notice a few things that I feel aren't professional. The customer is always right, right? The owner seems to say that alot but when the customer leaves he proceeds to talk negitively about how they were wrong or uneducated about the subject in front of other customers. It makes me wonder what he may say about me after I leave. I feel its unprofessional and will ultimately hurt his reputation if he keeps it up...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    FYI I sent them an e-mail asking how much they charge for a transfer. (internet gun bought gun) They answer their e-mails quickly. The price was $40.
    Ouch , they must have polled the average Trop customer.
    No longer posting

(Lancaster County)

From what I have heard they took over most of TR's old inventory and just added some new guns too it and lots of trade ins. They do trade guns, but as typical with a trade in, don't expect to get what you want out of your ARs or Pistols. I was desperate to get rid of my Bushmaster XM15 M4 Style carbine and walked out with only 550 dollars. The rifle had only 220 rounds through it so it was basically brand new and I took REALLY good care of it. Traded the scope and extras with it too. I think I could have gotten around 750 or 8 for it private, but someone has to make a little money off of it right. Anyway I went back there and purchased a deer rifle (TC Venture in .308) and was very pleased with their service and help. The selection of scopes isn't the greatest (goes from low end to middle end with only maybe 1 or 2 higher end scopes) and nothing really great in the middle for choices. mostly low end scopes. Their selection of pistols is okay, their prices are a little higher than some of the already established shiops, I do not know about how their gunsmith work is. I haven't had to use it.

I would give the store an 8 out of 10 though and a 10 out of 10 compared to how it used to be.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast