Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Musser's Outdoors Ephrata, PA

Bumping it up for Musser's. I've been going there since shortly after they opened. Great store, with a friendly yet knowledgable staff.

The owner and (most of) the salesmen are straight shooters. Gun prices are about what you'd expect, not many knock your socks off deals, but not many overpriced either. I do know that milsurp guns tend to be cheaper, there, though.

Musser's is definitely a store anyone in the area should check out, along with Kerper's.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BTA88 View Post
    Bumping it up for Musser's. I've been going there since shortly after they opened. Great store, with a friendly yet knowledgable staff.

The owner and (most of) the salesmen are straight shooters. Gun prices are about what you'd expect, not many knock your socks off deals, but not many overpriced either. I do know that milsurp guns tend to be cheaper, there, though.

Musser's is definitely a store anyone in the area should check out, along with Kerper's.
    Cant agree more, they are an awsome shop with great service.
    Last edited by PaVarmintHunter; November 11th, 2012 at 12:02 PM.

(Montgomery County)

I've been lurking here on PAFOA for a long time and figured I should join (mainly to see all the "real" girl pictures).Thought I would make my first post about one of my favorite local gun shops.Jamie and his wife and all the staff that I have met are all very helpful and knowledgeable and cosidering the times we are in the store is well stocked I was able to get some "blaster" .22LR the other week.

(Lancaster County)

Always been a fan of this store, but recently I have seen them inflating prices drastically. I have been to other stores in Lancaster county who have either stuck to retail or only slightly increased their prices i.e. Trop and New Holland. Unfortunately Musser's has given in and is trying to sell repackaged Glock 17 mags at $40+ per mag. I'll pass...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredxlt View Post
    Always been a fan of this store, but recently I have seen them inflating prices drastically. I have been to other stores in Lancaster county who have either stuck to retail or only slightly increased their prices i.e. Trop and New Holland. Unfortunately Musser's has given in and is trying to sell repackaged Glock 17 mags at $40+ per mag. I'll pass...
    I notice this a few weekends ago also. A lot of stuff I looked at had me saying "holy $hit" when I saw the price tag.

(Lancaster County)

I also think their prices are high. They did have Sig Sauer 1911-22 10 rd. mags in stock, but at $60.00 (with sales tax) a piece, no thanks.

(Lancaster County)

Stopped by Musser's this afternoon. Guys were really nice in there and the selection was quite nice as well. Got some Makarov rounds on sale! Woot! As for pricing, seems like they are on par with everyone else- the nice thing is they actually have stuff in stock!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by ethangsmith View Post
    Stopped by Musser's this afternoon. Guys were really nice in there and the selection was quite nice as well. Got some Makarov rounds on sale! Woot! As for pricing, seems like they are on par with everyone else- the nice thing is they actually have stuff in stock!
    I'm glad you feel like you got a good deal on Mak rounds, but prices on par with everyone else? Sorry, but $9.00 for a box of Tula 7.62x39 is not on par with everyone else. No wonder they have some sort of a selection. I can't speak for their firearm prices, but I don't really give a shit after seeing their current ammo prices. They lost my business.

If I want to get ripped off for $7 or $8 a box I'll go elsewhere locally. Or I can just grab them for $5.17 when Walmart has them. Or I can buy in bulk for similar prices as Wally World on a few online sites.

They've always been a little high on prices. But, I still supported my local LGS by buying from them.

Not anymore. Screw Musser's. I hope the business goes under. Maybe somebody with reasonable prices will take over.

(Lancaster County)

Yep got Tula 7.62x39 from Walmart on Fruitville Pike in Lancaster for 5$ and some change. Sad how bad most of these shops have there prices jacked up too.

(Berks County)

Made my first ever visit to Musser's about a month or so ago.
    I wasn't impressed.
    Used Glock for $575??
    Glock mags packaged in sandwich bags for $40??
    Ammo prices were downright ignorant.

My first visit turned out to be my last!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast