Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Musser's Outdoors Ephrata, PA

I was only in TR once about 10 years ago, and walked out after the sales drones wouldn't even give me the time of day. It would be nice of things improved there, I may have to swing up there this week and take a look.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I was only in TR once about 10 years ago, and walked out after the sales drones wouldn't even give me the time of day. It would be nice of things improved there, I may have to swing up there this week and take a look.
    It is a GREAT improvement over Trout Run. I think after all those years and the bad economy and his list of different higher priorities got the best of him the old owner had just been run down and wore out and even bored of his shop. I am glad it is under new ownership...Now I don't have to go to wally world for ammo anymore thank god!
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3339&dateline=1300221  289

(Lancaster County)

I was back there for the second time last week and picked up a box of 9mm Federal Hydra-Shoks. Just like the first time I was there in October, I was pleased with the service. The staff was friendly. I'd go back.
    You can get further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

Glad to hear there's a place like this around. I hate giving my money to the New Holland Sportsman or driving all the way to Kerper's. I'll have to check this place out soon

(Lancaster County)

I am not 100% sure but I think they were using John Lyons for the gunsmithing work. I have been there once and was in the market for a mossberg 500 tactical shotgun and the owner ordered it for me with no problem and it only took about 2 days to get in to the shop. This place is leaps and bounds ahead of where trout run ever was in my opinion. I wish them the best of luck in the future.

(Lancaster County)

Trout Run used to send at least some of their gunsmithing work to John Null in Lebanon. That was at least 5 or 6 years ago, and Mr. Null is no "spring chicken", so maybe that's no longer the case.

(Lancaster County)

Something about those guys just turn me off. Another member mentioned them talking about customers after they left. Happened to me but they didn't realize I was still in the store. It wasn't really a bad thing. Kind of a swipe at my firearm compared to another customers. I'm left with the feeling that whoever you are, you're the butt of their joke after you leave.

(Lancaster County)

Been in there a few times already and had nothing but good experiences. The last time I was in there i wanted to buy 3 .22s and was going to pay the full amount and when I got up to the counter he just told me since I'm getting 3 of them he took off about 75.00 off the total. I was impressed and also gave me what I wanted for a rifle that I sold him. Good group of guys But they do talk a lot about the customers that are in there or were in there.

(Warren County)

Thumbs up Re: Musser's Outdoors Ephrata, PA

I went there with a friend to do a transfer last Friday and it went very smoothly. The shop was well run and staffed with very friendly and helpful people. Had a nice selection of guns, both new and used. I would not hesitate to go back there again.
    Tim , USAF Ret.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by chez323 View Post
    I went there with a friend to do a transfer last Friday and it went very smoothly. The shop was well run and staffed with very friendly and helpful people. Had a nice selection of guns, both new and used. I would not hesitate to go back there again.
    If you went there for a transfer, you definitely overpaid. I live 3 miles from that shop and instead drive the 28 miles to Etown (Lanco Tactical) for my last transfer ($23). I have also experienced their "trop shop" attitude. Never going back.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast