Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Oaks, PA gun show

In the back of the NRA magazine American Rifleman, there is a show listed on August 28th in Oaks, PA. Anyone know anything about this show?

(Chester County)

Default Re: Oaks, PA gun show

That's correct, there is a gun show on that date in Oaks.

http://www.maacpsse.com/

http://www.phillyexpocenter.com/calendar/

(Delaware County)

Great venue. Aisles you can drive a truck down.

Show seems to be getting smaller as time goes by though. Still not sure what to make of it.

If I remember right, it was expensive to get in, like valley forge expensive, but it is like 1/4 the size, if that.

(Montgomery County)

Does anyone know how much it is to get in to this show? I've gone to their website links and there is no mention of an admission price anywhere, only table prices for sellers.

FYI:

Where: Greater Philadelphia Expo Center

Price: $7.00 or FREE if you buy my 45 that's in the classifieds here!!! I'll bring er' with me if you're serious. If y buy it, I'll refund your $7!!!

When: 9:00am Sat 8.28.10-5:00pm Sat 8.28.10 with 1 other showtime tomorrow through 8.29.10

(Bucks County)

I went to the oaks gun show once, and it was a huge disappointment. They had hardly anything of interest there, and tons of cheap Chinese made crap. I walked around the entire venue and saw every table in about 10 minutes. Not worth the time IMO.

I went last year. Saw some decent ammo prices. A friend found great primer prices and grabbed all he could carry.

One thing I liked about it was that there were smaller vendors and private sellers. One fella had a liquidation from a gunshop and his table had traffic all day. His prices were very fair on most items and one buyer scooped up 5 handguns.

(Berks County)

The abundance of unused space makes it feel like it's small. I've never been to the Valley Forge event, so I don't have a 'big show' to compare it to. That big show scares me away a bit, I hate crowds. Anyway, I've had great luck finding what I'm looking for at this particular show. It all depends on what you're after I guess. I've used this show for very specific shopping, not browsing/flea marketing. Tomorrow I will bee-line to TNT's booth once I get through the doors.

TNT Reloading is a company out of Easton I believe. I think they have good prices and they are good people. For me, this is where I buy a large portion of my reloading needs. The cost of admission is less than Hazmat fees alone.

King Shooters (better bullets) has been there before, they are good people too.

Yeah, lots of Chinese crap and non-gun stuff as well. No question about it. I just hope this show isn't all MagPul plastic and none of the AR guts that I'm looking for; Leesport was disappointing in that regards.

I also thought the entry fee was closer to $10, but I could be wrong, morphine is hard on the memory.

I need to buy some 9x18 Mak...fingers crossed, but I'm not expecting anything at a reasonable price.

Good luck!
    G.

King's (Roger) is a good guy for sure.

I copied that entire listing from Google, which is where the $7 came from. I'm with you, and thought it was $10. Either way, it's better than cutting the grass!

(Montgomery County)

Post Re: Oaks, PA gun show

Thanks for the info guys. Me and my buddies are planning on going in the afternoon. My friend called them this week and found it for sure that it is $10 bucks at the door each day. Good hunting

Here is an update. My buddies and I went to the show today...my first show so I thought it was interesting. I picked up a NIB S&W 1911 9mm, so I'm anxious to see how it does at the range tomorrow. My buddy ened up getting a case of ammo with get this...one of the boxes missing. From what I could tell prices wern't any cheaper then much of the local shops...but I did see a few good deals. I'm not sure if I'm going to VF or not.
    Last edited by jrock1537; August 29th, 2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: update

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast