Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Oaks, PA gun show

I went to the one back in Feb. of this year.

Small selection basically sums it up. I didn't see any blazing 'deals'; IIRC the prices were about 10% higher than usual. To me, this would cover the shipping expenses regarding buying on line.

I also remember this show being very small and having more non-firearm vendors than firearm vendors... not to mention the police presence at the door

I was able to cycle through the entire show in about 10 minutes back in Feb.

I did pick up some 7.62x54r ammo at a decent price, although a spam can of Romanian 8mm Mauser ammo was going for $160 a pop... as if.

I'll save my time and energy for the upcoming Valley Forge show.

There is going to be a VERY "interesting" announcement made later this weekend about the future shows at Oaks!

Stay tuned, it will be a GREAT MOVE for the show and with out a doubt it will increase the quality of the shows in the future!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MaDuece View Post
    There is going to be a VERY "interesting" announcement made later this weekend about the future shows at Oaks!

Stay tuned, it will be a GREAT MOVE for the show and with out a doubt it will increase the quality of the shows in the future!
    Hell yes! Caught wind of it from a vendor, should be interesting.

Dropped a couple hundred at TNT today. Nice prices on BR4, pills, powders, One-Shot, breech locks, etc... You get the idea. Even with my C&R, buying this stuff from them at the show including admission is cheaper than buying online with shipping/hazmat fees. Plus, it's close enough to home to be easy on the gas tank. Better than the haul to Hamburg.

Gun prices didn't make me excited. A couple vendors were selling new Rugers LCPs for $280. That's far and away better than French Creek's $330. Either way, I choose to give my gun cash to John at Seneca regardless of price. He's earned my return business over the years.

I did find some of the 9 x 18 Mak I was looking for. Prices were high, but I don't want to buy in bulk online just yet. And I was very happy to find an AR parts dealer selling good stuff and not all MagPul or Chinese knock-off crap. Precision Firearms, nice guy and decent prices on the small parts I was after. Mil-spec hammer, springs, firing pin, crush washers, etc... I didn't look over everything he had, but it looked like a nice selection.

Have great weekend,
    G.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    King's (Roger) is a good guy for sure.

I copied that entire listing from Google, which is where the $7 came from. I'm with you, and thought it was $10. Either way, it's better than cutting the grass!
    King shooters are NOT at the show. Admission is $ 10.00

223 wolf 200.00 out the door..also, i was told someone had a polytech ak new in box for 1500.00
    FJB

Ok guys/gals! I just got the word that it's OK to let the cat out of the bag!

EAGLE ARMS is going to be running/promoting the shows at Oaks from here on out!

There will be lots of things changing! For anyone that already attends the Eagle Arms shows, you know that the promoter tries to keep the junk dealers way down to none existing!

Entry cost will be changing and so will dealer table cost!

The first show at Oaks to be run by Eagle will be the November 6th and 7th 2010 show! I know Joel personaly and he ALWAYS does his best to pack shows with quality gun and ammo dealers! ( imagine that! a gun show that is over 90% GUNS AND AMMO!!) LOL I left 10% for the knife dealers,surplus dealers etc etc.
    Last edited by MaDuece; August 28th, 2010 at 07:05 PM.

(Delaware County)

I was there today, not bad.
    Like the space between tables a lot, I could actually breathe and talk to people... and the "relaxed" atmosphere compared to jammed VFGS. Not as many vendors, and the usual chinese sword and knife peddlers, guess I'm OK with just breezin past them.
    Bottom line is I'll go back again.
    NRA for life.

Yeah they were handing out flyers about the take over. This show was worst than last. I did find a pair of 30mm rings, which seem to be tough to get and they were $15.

I have plenty of Makarov ammo, but one fella had American Eagle Makarov. Old stock, for $17/box.

G/G Outfitters, out of Feasterville, had a nice selection of guns and his prices were fair. A knife vendor was selling the S&W knives for $15 and was actually giving some pocket knives away. Not high end stuff, but nice knives for the glove box.

I hope Eagle improves the show, because it's very close for me.

(Delaware County)

I went early and got a good deal on a 16" bull barrel for my current AR project. Picked up some other small parts as well. I found what I was looking for so it was a good show for me. I like the wide aisles a lot, hopefully the new promoters keep that setup. There certainly was a ton of 91/30's!
    Good show and I look forward to the next one.

(Chester County)

I got a really good deal on a xd 9 yesterday brand new for 460.00 out the door

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast