Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default A dream finally realized!

Thought I would say Hi and introduce myself to all in this forum. My wife have finally realized a long standing dream of moving to an area like Pike County. We have bought a new home and I am moving my business (Custom Classic Sporting Arms) to Newfoundland this weekend. The business will take a little while to get set up and re-established. Especially since I am also changing the entire business focus from predominately gunsmithing and repair to built-to-order AK/AKM/RPK/PSL rifles.

At any rate, really just wanted to say hey and meet those in the area. I hate being the "new guy"
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7035&dateline=1238541  027

(Wayne County)

Default Re: A dream finally realized!

Well, welcome to the area! You're gonna love it. Newfoundland (pronounced locally as New Found Land and not Newfindland) is a pretty area. Although I'm highly agitated at Angell's Ice Cream no longer selling maple walnut ice cream. But I digress.

Let us know when you're up and running. I'm always in the market for a new toy that I can't afford.

ETA: Where are you coming in from?
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Pike County)

Thanks Sandcut! I even already know where Angell's is, though haven't been there yet. I HAVE however found STAR Pizza in Canadensis which is pretty damn good. It's going to get some used to living in an area that has NO DELIVERY - Pizza or anything else. That said - we ALREADY love it there!!! My wife and I were up at the house painting Saturday and Sunday - First night in our new house - and didn't want to come back even to pack the rest of the old house to move. 4 days and counting

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Although I'm highly agitated at Angell's Ice Cream no longer selling maple walnut ice cream. But I digress.
    NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! they actually had decent maple walnut TT_TT
    *is now sad*

Quote Originally Posted by Blackthorn370 View Post
    It's going to get some used to living in an area that has NO DELIVERY - Pizza or anything else.
    welcome to the area. You'll get used to the lack of delivery pretty fast. My best eat out suggestion: find a hole-in-the-wall pub on some back road. many of them have better food than the easy to find places, and cheaper too.

oh, and if you came form a more populated are, get used to driving.
    ONE TO THE HEAD!!!!

Thought I would say Hi and introduce myself to all in this forum. My wife have finally realized a long standing dream of moving to an area like Pike County. We have bought a new home and I am moving my business (Custom Classic Sporting Arms) to Newfoundland this weekend. The business will take a little while to get set up and re-established. Especially since I am also changing the entire business focus from predominately gunsmithing and repair to built-to-order AK/AKM/RPK/PSL rifles.

At any rate, really just wanted to say hey and meet those in the area. I hate being the "new guy"
    Where in Newfoundland? We are up there all the time and would love to see a new shop open up!

Oh BTW, welcome

Thanks Sandcut! I even already know where Angell's is, though haven't been there yet. I HAVE however found STAR Pizza in Canadensis which is pretty damn good. It's going to get some used to living in an area that has NO DELIVERY - Pizza or anything else. That said - we ALREADY love it there!!! My wife and I were up at the house painting Saturday and Sunday - First night in our new house - and didn't want to come back even to pack the rest of the old house to move. 4 days and counting
    Wait a minute! Star Pizza ? Good? You are kidding right? The last time we got a pizza there we threw half of it out it was so bad.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Wait a minute! Star Pizza ? Good? You are kidding right? The last time we got a pizza there we threw half of it out it was so bad.
    Tell me a better pizza place and I'll go there...so far it's the only one I know and while it doesn't even come close to comparing to what is available around Philly...it's not the worst I've ever had Even if the crust is a little tough...

(Pike County)

Welcome to Pike!

(Lackawanna County)

Welcome! I'm about 15 minutes away in Dunmore.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Lancaster County)

Welcome! I'm up the road a piece from you in Tafton on Lake Wallenpaupack. I also have a terrible itch for an AR, so maybe we can do business someday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast