Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Pike County)

Default Re: A dream finally realized!

Thanks to all for the warm welcome! My wife and I are moving up from Pottstown - about 45 minutes NW of Philly - so this will be a BIG change for us...though a good one. Just having the ability to sit on the side of MY HILL in amongst the trees and hear nothing except the light wind blowing through the branches and whatever else might be out there - yes I know what a bear sounds like roaming in woods - is one of the things that make moving bearable. Did I MENTION I hate moving!?

It will be worth it though...

Thanks again for the welcome...guess I'm going to have to throw a BBQ to meet everyone FTF once we get settled in, though before the first major snow hits.

--Mike
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7035&dateline=1238541  027

(Pike County)

Welcome to the Pike county area.. Make sure you hit the GDS fair in a few weeks. The wife, kids and I go every year. Its more to me a old style fair/carnaval . Something about it, i dont know, its all good check it out.

Oh and Iam about 20-30 minutes from ya.

Snert

(Pike County)

Welcome to Pike, I'm below you in Bushkill
    Know Guns,
    Know Peace..
    No Guns,
    No Peace!

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Wait a minute! Star Pizza ? Good? You are kidding right? The last time we got a pizza there we threw half of it out it was so bad.
    Same here. After it reopened from the fire and changed hands we bought pizza there and it wasn't even cooked all the way. The middle was raw dough. Disgusting!

If you want good pizza and don't want to drive too far try Coppola's in Analomink.

(Pike County)

Thanks Snert, IceMan...

So we are our "new" home...what an ordeal this move has been! The people we hired to help load the truck - supposed professionals - loaded my 54" lathe VERTICALLY ON THE HEAD STOCK!!! Naturally, being the dumbass, trusting person that I am - and having been told by the crew supervisor that they were experienced in moving this type of equipment - I didn't persoannly supervise the loading and didn't discover this until we were UNLOADING the truck. Naturally, there is damage, though the total extent is don't know yet. So far a busted cast-iron support for the gear cover. Apparently, they didn't know much about the cross-slide either because at some point during the trip it came unlocked and crashed down onto the 4-jaw chuck, knocking the tool post out the dovetail on the tool slide...I of course have yet to find what other damage there may be. ...I'm not even going start with the Mill/Drill, mainly becasue I don't THINK they damaged that too despite there best efforts...guess time will tell though.

Anyway...enough whining...we VERY happy to be here and start the last 50+ years of our lives

(Monroe County)

welcome up to a quieter areas then youre used to. we all up here love us a good BBQ meet-greet.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Pike County)

Well...we moved into the house on Saturday and are in the process of getting settled. It was a brutal move though, things didn't go as planned so we - my wife, daughter, son-in-law, and I - had to do a great deal more of the actual moving than we had planned on. Oh well, I needed the excersice anyway and as soon as I recover, say in a week or so, I'll be able to start "building" the shop.

I've been into town a few times so far and am getting a better idea of the finer points of living in a small town where everyone knows everyone else and they and/or all of thier kids went to school together.

Glad to be here though...the "quite" is deafening...I love it! I know, for most of you who have grown up here, all of my response to how different it is from where I moved must seem kind of funny. After all, you grew up or have been here for a while. I'll we get used to it soon enough and find it all very normal too.

"Talk" to you all again soon!

--Mike

(Lancaster County)

well my "home" is in Ephrata, Lancaster Co. but I live in Tafton during the week for work.......so I get both worlds. (Ephrata isn't exactly the "big city" but its definitely more populous than Tafton).

Blackthorn - I'm a musician on the weekends and I did a 12 year stint with a wedding band out of Pottstown. Ever come across the "Bill Koss Combo"? I haven't been with them for a few years but I know they are still around.

(Pike County)

Thumbs up Re: A dream finally realized!

Hey Blackthorn370:

Met you at Promised Land and Saturday at Lebanon Expo. I was thinking about who I wanted to transfer and then I remembered you were set up at this show. Our local guy!
    I haven't shot the Combat Commander yet. Haven't decided to shoot it or sell it.
    Anyway welcome to the neighborhood!

p.s. Try to get over to the Mount Bethel show on Sunday, October 10. (Mt.Bethel Fire Dept on route 611) I'll have a couple of tables there.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke ...

(Monroe County)

Do you have a shop opened up yet or are you just operating off the website?
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12