Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Consequences

(Allegheny County)

Default Consequences

I have a question about something that I haven't seen addressed much.

There's a situation where you pull your carry or home defense weapon and fire on an intruder, attacker, whatever. Say in this case you are morally in the right (ie. he was going to kill you, rape your wife, etc).

So you shoot the attacker and either kill him or neutralize him and then you call the cops and the ambulance. What happens then? What are the repercussions of shooting someone? What are the repercussions of killing someone? I saw once someone mention that once you pull the trigger, life as you know is basically over. But, there are people in interviews who talk about their experience shooting attackers. So i would really like to know.

Thanks a lot!
    I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. - Gen George Patton Jr.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Consequences

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkie View Post
    I have a question about something that I haven't seen addressed much.

There's a situation where you pull your carry or home defense weapon and fire on an intruder, attacker, whatever. Say in this case you are morally in the right (ie. he was going to kill you, rape your wife, etc).

So you shoot the attacker and either kill him or neutralize him and then you call the cops and the ambulance. What happens then? What are the repercussions of shooting someone? What are the repercussions of killing someone? I saw once someone mention that once you pull the trigger, life as you know is basically over. But, there are people in interviews who talk about their experience shooting attackers. So i would really like to know.

Thanks a lot!
    Every situation is different. No one can predict how yours will turn out.

There is one way to find out, though. ;>)
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

(York County)

AS was stated every situation is different.
    But to digress slightly here that is why you pay attention to your elected officials.
    How does you DA feel about gun owner ship and self-defense? Anti is more likely to press charges just to prove a point than a pro-gun DA.
    Your township officials hire police chiefs, what are there feelings. we all need to keep this in mind when we vote. Local officials have as much if not more of an impact on our daily lives than state of national politicians, yet many don't vote in local elections.
    And a finial note I hope and pray none of use will ever have to find out first hand what happens next.
    RIP -The US constitution.

(Allegheny County)

Welcome to the forum.
    I can't answer your question, as there are too many variables in every situation, but I thought I'd take a second to point out that your sig line is flawed. Allegheny county is going to chug along just fine - with the same tax gouging "leaders" we always elect - drink tax and all. (bastards)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Indiana County)

I have not yet read this (it's on my reading list) but it has been highly recommended by others on this site.

http://www.amazon.com/Gravest-Extrem.../dp/0936279001

(Bucks County)

From what Ive heard on the innernet......... The Consequences will never be the same.

Id keep my mouth shut, maybe answer basic questions depending on how the situation unfolded and how the cops react.

(Allegheny County)

there is no simple answer to your question. it can go either way...depending on the totality of the circumstances, the police/DA/judge/jury involved, etc.

since you are in pittsburgh, i would suggest signing up for the next law workshop given by PeteG of the FIRE institute.

http://www.fireinstitute.org/fire_pa_firearms_law.htm

i'm not sure when the next one is scheduled, but pete runs them a few times a year.

in the meantime, if you like, you can read PA's use of force laws here:

http://www.acslpa.org/html/pa_unifor...arms_act1.html

but remember that the legal system does not always (to say the least) actually follow the letter of the law. anytime you have to deal with the legal system, nothing is guaranteed. good and innocent people get screwed by the system. that is just a fact of life. police, DAs, and judges have been know to sometimes have their own agendas and care little about truth or justice.

more than one smart lawyer has opined something to the effect of "do not use deadly force (which includes any shooting at them) unless bankrupting yourself and spending the rest of your life in prison is preferable to whatever will happen if you do not use such force".
    F*S=k

(Butler County)

You just discharged your weapon without ear protection. Odds are you will be hearing impaired. If at night you may also be vision impaired due to muzzle flash. Not a bad idea to ask to be checked out by a EMT and buy some time to get composed before you get questioned by LEO's.

(Luzerne County)

I would guess that an investigation would be held. After the investihation , you would be charged or cleared.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonM55 View Post
    You just discharged your weapon without ear protection. Odds are you will be hearing impaired. If at night you may also be vision impaired due to muzzle flash. Not a bad idea to ask to be checked out by a EMT and buy some time to get composed before you get questioned by LEO's.
    Take it a little further and request an ambulance take you directly to the hospital, and that you don't talk to the police at all until you have spoken with your lawyer and he is present.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast