Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Trade all the guns for a few I want?

Have you ever considered taking your complete eclectic collection of rifles and handguns and trading them all in for a few pieces you really want? I am.

Some of the pieces a serious collector may treasure, some are klunky older weapons from family that knows I am a good "dumping place" for guns they do not know what to do with after the owner died.

I've considered a trip to Cabella's, but that may not be the best choice. Selling one at a time will be a pain.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Trade all the guns for a few I want?

I've thought about selling select few, but most either have a specific function, or have sentimental value to them.

Unfortunately, I can't think of an "easy" way to sell an entire collection at once without losing money. You could probably unload most of them at Cabela's, but you won't get even 3/4 of what it's worth most of the time. The best way to get your money out of it, is to sell each one individually... However, you may be able to interest the dealer you plan on buying the new gun from, on trades... Give him the list, see what he would like in return, etc.

You could list them all on a place like here, sell what you can, and then go do the dealer and see if he'd do trade-in on anything you have for the new gun, and then the rest you could probably take to somewhere like Cabela's..

JMO
    III%

(Philadelphia County)

Do it.

I did something similar a few years ago, traded in "lesser" firearms for a "super" one, and I never looked back.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Monroe County)

Have you ever considered starting some kind of self defense foundation? Pick a target group and teach them about self defense, firearms safety, etc. You could open up alot of eyes and spread the word about gun ownership. Perhaps a Lesbian Gay SD Foundation or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lycoming County)

could you post some of the junky clunker? i am always looking for that type og gun to fix up and look nice, even if it isn't that great of a shooter.

(Lancaster County)

I kind of just did the opposite. I sold of several more expensive guns to fund the purchase of many less expensive guns. I got tired of having such little variety in the collection and wanted some less expensive stuff around to play with.

(Montgomery County)

I'm in the process of selling/trading for better quality. I'm in no hurry, though. Owning quality items no matter what they are, is one of the small things in life I fully enjoy. Although quality and price don't always go hand-in-hand, usually it is the case.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Lehigh County)

I sort of did the variety of shootin' irons thing already and now I sort of know what I want and I'm even willing to loose a small amount of value for the few pieces I would like.

I'll consider what to post here. Most are common "toys".
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Bucks County)

I am sort of doing it now. I need a little bit of money to fund some work related travel for which I get reimbursed. I am selling some of the "extra" guns I have and plan to pick up a few of what I have always wanted when the dust settles. The way I look at it, there are only a few that I will only get rid of if I am in dire need. All the rest are like trading cards to me. If I were to die tomorrw my wife would probably sell most of them anyway.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    Have you ever considered starting some kind of self defense foundation? Pick a target group and teach them about self defense, firearms safety, etc. You could open up alot of eyes and spread the word about gun ownership. Perhaps a Lesbian Gay SD Foundation or something like that.
    WTF over?

Did you post in the wrong thread

OP

I am doing that right now. I've got a few items that i'm selling to get something else. I say if you're not attached to the guns then sell them and get something you like better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast