Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser for AR-15

(Lackawanna County)

Default Laser for AR-15

I'm looking for a mid grade to top of the line laser. I'm so clueless right now I don't even know what kind of cheap ones that are out there.

Suggestions?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Laser for AR-15

(York County)

(Lackawanna County)

they're both pretty bulky....anything for around 100?

(Allegheny County)

Arrow Re: Laser for AR-15

I'm not sure you'd WANT anything under $100. A good optic would be a better investment on a rifle, IMHO.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    I'm not sure you'd WANT anything under $100. A good optic would be a better investment on a rifle, IMHO.
    This^

Honestly, if you want a "cheap" laser, you're better off not getting one at all. I see it ALL the time. People don't want to pay the $200+ for a good laser, so they go with the $40 knock-off, or even the $100 model, and it doesn't hold zero worth a darn, and routinely loosens itself up to a wobbly fiasco. Fact is, if you can't afford to get the higher-end models, just don't get one. You will just end up wasting money on something that is basically garbage. The point of a laser is to be pinpoint accurate, and stay that way. If you have something that can't do that, then it doesn't do it's job.

I'm not trying to say this in any condescending way, I'm just trying to show the reality. I'll tell you, that's one of the reasons I haven't bought on for my AR yet. I'd sooner spend the money on other accessories. So I figure when I get to it, I'll get to it...

Obviously, everyone can do whatever they want. But it is my strong opinion that going cheap on a laser, will only be wasting your money.
    III%

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    This^

Honestly, if you want a "cheap" laser, you're better off not getting one at all. I see it ALL the time. People don't want to pay the $200+ for a good laser, so they go with the $40 knock-off, or even the $100 model, and it doesn't hold zero worth a darn, and routinely loosens itself up to a wobbly fiasco. Fact is, if you can't afford to get the higher-end models, just don't get one. You will just end up wasting money on something that is basically garbage. The point of a laser is to be pinpoint accurate, and stay that way. If you have something that can't do that, then it doesn't do it's job.

I'm not trying to say this in any condescending way, I'm just trying to show the reality. I'll tell you, that's one of the reasons I haven't bought on for my AR yet. I'd sooner spend the money on other accessories. So I figure when I get to it, I'll get to it...

Obviously, everyone can do whatever they want. But it is my strong opinion that going cheap on a laser, will only be wasting your money.
    I'm not afraid to spend...in fact i would say money is my most favorite thing in life and brings me more joy than anything else lol and spending mmmmm i loves it and hates it sometimes

not to brag but I'm looking at my good AR the ar was 900, rails were 150-200, 60 on the stock, 20 on the grip, 20 on the fore grip, 40 on the light clamp, 150 on the light, 100 on the front flip and gas block, bi pod was 30, rail covers 20, extended charging handle thingy 30, 50 on optics, 25 on the 3 prong flash hider, front sling attachment 20, magpul sling 50ish, ohhhhh pressure pad for the light was around 100, sling attachment on the buffer tube was 40................

ok now i'm sad lol and the really sad thing is i'm not done with it yet. I still want some really good optics, i don't really like how the eotechs look or the reticle, maybe an aim point, i haven't played a with 3x magnifier yet

I think I'm gonna become a dealer for the sole purpose of paying for my addiction haha buy 5 guns get the next one at dealer cost
    Last edited by mickey01023; August 17th, 2010 at 06:20 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    This^

you think your the laser king dontcha huh lol...............WELL

I found the best, hands down no objection brightest laser, the most dangerous laser, a laser that can be seen on the day with the brightest sun and can be seen for miles

It's so bad ass and dangerous, i'm not going to post the site. I've known about the laser for a few months now and its only 200 or maybe it 300 now. This laser is soooooooooooo powerful that it comes with like a waiver. It's so boss that you can't point it in the sky because you might take out a pilot.

If you want to know about the laser PM me

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    you think your the laser king dontcha huh lol...............WELL
    Heck no... that's why I haven't gotten one for mine yet.

Also, I just hate seeing people waste money on accessories. My friend tries it all the time, and I warn him, but he does it anyway. He bought a cheap laser for his pistol, and I warned him... well, it fell off after a few shots, and obviously never held zero for the few it was on... he got another cheap but more expensive one, and it's a piece of crap too... on his AR, he got a cheap red-dot, I warned him, he didn't listen, and it wouldn't hold zero worth anything... he went and got some other red dot scope now, and it isn't much better, but it's what he has on yet... Me, personally, I buy the better things, which is why it sometimes takes me longer to get them (as I have other bills and life happenings to pay for as well)...

If you want to know about the laser PM me
    Someone had posted it here awhile back. They had the blue ones on there that are very, very bright... But yea, I don't need that much power. haha
    Last edited by NikeBauer21; August 17th, 2010 at 08:20 AM.
    III%

(York County)

This thread smells of immatureness.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast