Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laser for AR-15

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Laser for AR-15

Quote Originally Posted by mickey01023 View Post
    I'm not afraid to spend...in fact i would say money is my most favorite thing in life and brings me more joy than anything else lol and spending mmmmm i loves it and hates it sometimes

not to brag but I'm looking at my good AR the ar was 900, rails were 150-200, 60 on the stock, 20 on the grip, 20 on the fore grip, 40 on the light clamp, 150 on the light, 100 on the front flip and gas block, bi pod was 30, rail covers 20, extended charging handle thingy 30, 50 on optics, 25 on the 3 prong flash hider, front sling attachment 20, magpul sling 50ish, ohhhhh pressure pad for the light was around 100, sling attachment on the buffer tube was 40................

ok now i'm sad lol and the really sad thing is i'm not done with it yet. I still want some really good optics, i don't really like how the eotechs look or the reticle, maybe an aim point, i haven't played a with 3x magnifier yet

I think I'm gonna become a dealer for the sole purpose of paying for my addiction haha buy 5 guns get the next one at dealer cost
    Mickey01023 - I think some of the thread readers/responders are a little confused as to what you're looking for. Your first post said you were looking for a mid to top-of-the-line laser for you AR. When offered two options, between $250 and $500 you said that was too expensive. Later, you then said that, according to my math, your AR plus bells and whistles is over $1800. If you are able to provide a price point, the members on this forum can much more easily give you product recommendations. I know, they've helped me out a lot when I got my AR. I know I'm no millionaire, so I'm just wondering why you'd spend 900+ on accessories, but balk at a good laser.

I've shot an AR with the Laserlyte and I liked it a lot, especially for only $250. The friend who's AR I shot gave me this recommendation when I bought my AR:
    "First, learn to shoot extremely well with iron sights. Then, learn to shoot extremely well with optics. Finally, learn to shoot really well with a laser. But always remember to practice frequently with iron sights, because the gadgets may malfunction."

Just my opinions...
    If zombies start chasing us, I'm going to trip you.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ishoot4fun View Post
    Mickey01023 - I think some of the thread readers/responders are a little confused as to what you're looking for. Your first post said you were looking for a mid to top-of-the-line laser for you AR. When offered two options, between $250 and $500 you said that was too expensive. Later, you then said that, according to my math, your AR plus bells and whistles is over $1800. If you are able to provide a price point, the members on this forum can much more easily give you product recommendations. I know, they've helped me out a lot when I got my AR. I know I'm no millionaire, so I'm just wondering why you'd spend 900+ on accessories, but balk at a good laser.

I've shot an AR with the Laserlyte and I liked it a lot, especially for only $250. The friend who's AR I shot gave me this recommendation when I bought my AR:
    "First, learn to shoot extremely well with iron sights. Then, learn to shoot extremely well with optics. Finally, learn to shoot really well with a laser. But always remember to practice frequently with iron sights, because the gadgets may malfunction."

Just my opinions...
    its more of a toy than anything

(Wyoming County)

I would go to a local gun shop and look at some lasers. The shop should have a decent selection and then get a laser in your price range.
    Last edited by shooker8; August 18th, 2010 at 08:42 PM.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123