Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Four good open carry moments today!

So I started my day off today by knowing that I was picking up a new Glock 26 (used, but barely) and buying my friend his LTCF at the york county sherrifs office. (he did work on the sewer at my house... I lowered him into it on a rope, and yes, him and I have plenty of training on rappelling and rope rescue lol)

Well, the first incident was actually on the way to the courthouse, as I was walking to the parking garage. It was as two african american males, well dressed, possibly worked at the bank on the corner there, exited through a back door. It went as follows:

First man: wow! you just carry your pistol out in plain view on your hip like that!?!?

ME: sure, open carry is perfectly legal in PA and it's how I prefer to carry.

First man: Yea, that is true. well good to see you practice your rights then!

And with a smile and a wave, they got into their car, and we parted ways.
    (simple right? lol)

Encounter 2:
    When I walked up to the courthouse, (gun still on my hip) I paused at the door, unsure of whether or not I was really allowed to walk in and check in my pistol, then worked up the nerve to. The guard smiled, asked me to walk around the tables, and told me that he would check in my pistol. He was very nice and helpful, and was far nicer than I expected and it was nice to see someone that wasn't a "got a gun and I'm on a power trip" kinda person.

He even let me keep my serpa holster on my hip! lol

Encounter 3:

after getting lost for 2 hours of driving and being utterly unhappy, I decided to stop and get a coffee at a Hess. I walked in and asked for a coffee and some gas, then as I paid the cashier (about 20 I'd say) he asked if I was a cop or just had it registered. I informed him that PA didn't have weapon registration, except for when you purchase them. He was supprised and then told me about wanting to get a pistol and his permit so I told him a little more info, and about PAFOA and then I went to get my coffee.

While I was getting my cream and sugar, he called out to me and when I responded, I realized he was holding back laughter... He told me his buddy that was behind the counter told him when I walked away that he "thought we were gonna get robbed and was scared!" I laughed pretty good since before that I was just unhappy for about 2 hours of riding in a car. I told him that he had nothing at all to worry about, said good by, and left.

Encounter 4:
    When we got back, we decided to go to Denny's for some 11pm food. The waitress (very cute! ) seated us with just a smile and acted like the pistols weren't even there.

While we waited for our food, we stepped outside for a cig and I began to explain to my friend what "sheeple" are. An evening shift cook came up to us, and somehow the conversation came to what people thought when they see someone with a pistol on their hip in plain clothes.

Sorta laughing, I turned to the guy that had just walked up, and said "I don't know, let's ask this guy!"

ME: howdy, just wondering, what did you think when you walked up and saw us standing here?

HIM: I didn't really pay it any mind. Open carry is legal in PA and you don't even need a license to do it.

ME: WOW!!! you're one of the few people that even know that! (I gave him a fist pound) and then we got into a conversation about pistols, and about what we prefer and our carry styles, CC vs OC. Then I wrote down PAFOA's site and told him to visit it and look me up.

Overall, I think it was a great day of OC!!!

I didn't even have anyone yell at me or make anyone cry! I guess I did something right!

Sorry for the long post, but it was a long day. I tried to paraphrase to save reading time for you all

Keep on carrying!
    G23neverjams
    Last edited by G23neverjams; August 14th, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Four good open carry moments today!

Encounter #3 boggles my mind. What in history would make someone believe that criminals would open carry a gun in a holster? Sheeple have no sense of logic.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Conglomeration Al View Post
    Encounter #3 boggles my mind. What in history would make someone believe that criminals would open carry a gun in a holster? Sheeple have no sense of logic.
    HAHA, fully agreed! That was pretty much the comment I made after he told me what his buddy thought. I'm confused how people think someone that is nice and friendly is about to pull their gun, right in public, on camera, with no mask or nothin, and rob them....

Maybe it's cause I look too much like a "thug" with my white DC shoes, american eagle blue jeans, and a plain white hanes shirt, with a military (I'm in the army) haircut..... I was thinking if nothing else, maybe an off duty cop... I guess I'm not cop material.

I had ordered a coffee, guess I shoulda gotten a doughnut to go with it. Then the sheeple coulda followed the heard and gone with the off duty cop theory! lol

Rep inbound for a great day of OC!

Did you get the waitresses number?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001
    ...You can join the "Pennsylvania Association of Pointy-Stick Owners"...

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebr4d View Post
    Rep inbound for a great day of OC!

Did you get the waitresses number?
    Sadly, no.. I did think of asking her for it but was pretty interested in heading home. Damn.... I really shoulda asked her shouldn't I?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Conglomeration Al View Post
    I don't know, but one day when someone gets shot by an unstable nutjob for OC'ing we will find out the motive.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lackawanna County)

You're going to ruin it for everyone!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Avi90 View Post
    You're going to ruin it for everyone!
    By OC'ing and getting her number? I don't know... maybe it'll open the door for more guys to pick up girls while OC'ing!

Open Carry. I do it for the girls phone numbers!

(jk, I do it for our right to bear arms... but that's a pretty good slogan!) lol