Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Beretta 92 vs S+W M+P Pro

Any words of advice on the Beretta 92 and the M+P Pro? I am looking at getting into competition shoots. I have fired the 92 years ago when I was in the 82nd. Loved it. However I have picked up the Pro and it fits like a glove. The 92 would just need the mag release extended maybe 1/8 inch to work as well. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Beretta 92 vs S+W M+P Pro

While I am a big Beretta fan I do not find the 92 to be a very accurate shooter. I have no experience with the M&P pro so I have no feedback there. If it fits you well that may be all the encouragement you need.

(Bucks County)

I used to think the same thing, but the more I have shot mine, the more I like it. And I watched my friend shoot mine today (his first time handling it) put nearly an entire magazine into a 2" group.

I'm not going to say it is the most accurate gun I have handled and the grip is big...in fact I enjoyed shooting his P226 quite a bit (and the trigger pull was a bit shorter in Double action), but I have nothing bad to say about it.

If you like what you have though, why seek out another gun?

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by bripro View Post
    While I am a big Beretta fan I do not find the 92 to be a very accurate shooter. I have no experience with the M&P pro so I have no feedback there. If it fits you well that may be all the encouragement you need.

(Berks County)

Thank you. I actually do not own the 92. When I fired it I was using our Captains sidearm for the competition. I was the top shooter on our team. Always had the brass and bars behind me. Now I am interested in getting into it again and am looking at purchasing a new firearm. Thats why I am looking at both. M+P fits like a glove but the 92 I had great results with. Guess I am leaning to the M+P as magazine release is right there. Just looking for input and any issues with these firearms.

(Allegheny County)

I run an M&P Pro with some trigger work as my carry gun. If you ever make it near Pittsburgh you can shoot it all you want.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Berks County)

Sounds great! lol

(Centre County)

Beretta 92 - Designed as defensive weapon and M&P9Pro was designed from start as competition ready gun right?

I own Beretta and M&P9(Not pro tho), and I'd go with pro, if competition is what you after...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mity2 View Post
    Beretta 92 - Designed as defensive weapon and M&P9Pro was designed from start as competition ready gun right?

I own Beretta and M&P9(Not pro tho), and I'd go with pro, if competition is what you after...
    No... the Pro was given an extended barrel and slightly improved trigger over the standard M&P, along with sights that are geared towards competition.
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Delaware County)

I shoot a newly aquired M&P pro. I bought it for competitive shooting. I happen to like both guns in question, but for competition I give the trigger edge to the S&W.
    I really do like the Beretta though. I think it falls short for competitive shooting though.
    Just to throw a wrench in the mix, if you like Glock, the 34 is another good competition gun and behind that would be the Springfield XD 9 tactical.

I'm 200 miles closer in Springfield Delco if you want to try mine.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Berks County)

Thanks to all. I have purchased an M+P Pro this afternoon. Offer I could not refuse, and did not! Now the next few weeks if I work my 14 hour days I may be able to free up a weekend to play. (finding reliable help is quite hard these days) Again, thank you to all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast