Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

...at least, that's what it says on the property receipt.

Don't worry, I've spoken with a lawyer, but since no illegal act was committed (how DARE this law abiding citizen exercise his right in MY city of the First Class!), I'm hoping I can go file a return of property thing and get it back in short order. I'll be discussing this further with my lawyer tomorrow afternoon.

More details to come when this gets resolved.

ETA: This is the audio from my recording of the encounter. http://www.supload.com/listen?s=P8rqSi
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; October 12th, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

tagged for updates
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Don't worry, I've spoken with a lawyer, but since no illegal act was committed (how DARE this law abiding citizen exercise his right in MY city of the First Class!), I'm hoping I can go file a return of property thing and get it back in short order. I'll be discussing this further with my lawyer tomorrow afternoon.
    I'm hoping you're grouping your first encounter with this.... sounds like harassment. Keep us posted.

(Delaware County)

Confiscation?? Jesus..
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

(Washington County)

Confiscation? Sounds like a crime was commited, at least where I stand. Sounds like the guy issuing the slip was the criminal.

(Lancaster County)

I would be PISSED OFF
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    OC.......do it for the boobies........

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Confiscation? Sounds like a crime was commited, at least where I stand. Sounds like the guy issuing the slip was the criminal.
    My thought's exactly.

Reading over the Property Receipt, there's a little section for the reason of confiscation, and of the available options, "Personal Property for Safekeeping" is checked, and further down on the receipt there's a section for Circumstances, and it says, "Above items (firearm, magazines, rounds) confiscated from above male after refused to conceal firearm, due to officer and public safety.

Charges: NONE"

So, basically, the police decided that a gun, resting untouched in a happy leather holster, in no danger of going off or being fiddled with, is safer if it's roughly handled on the side of a crowded public street by someone who likely has no experience with that particular model weapon. Also, no "charges" are being "filed," which means I did nothing wrong but they are going to go ahead and take my stuff away because they want to.

Yeah, real great. It amazes me that the people who are supposed to enforce the law are authorized to simply steal your property because they don't think you're responsible enough to have it, then tell you it's for your own safety. What a crock of shit.

Morons. Fuck Philadelphia. FUCK IT.

(Philadelphia County)

they will argue the fact that it is a city of the first class it is illegal to oc in philadelphia.
    It is better to have and not need then to need and not have. ROCK GLOCK!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA CERTIFIED AGENT View Post
    they will argue the fact that it is a city of the first class it is illegal to oc in philadelphia.
    Sometimes, reading comprehension comes in handy - and I would LOVE for a PPD officer to show me where in Title 18 it says that "under any and all circumstances, openly carrying a firearm is prohibited in Philadelphia."

You're right, that's exactly what their argument is - and they are WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by PA CERTIFIED AGENT View Post
    If they thought it was illegal, they would have arrested and charged him. They specifically wrote "NONE" under "charges".

Page 1 of 87 123451151 ... LastLast