Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

Quote Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post
    I finally got a chance to listen to this.

What kind of recorder were you using Viper?

I like the line "I know I'm 100% correct" from the one officer.

"You will cover that up. Or else you won't have it. Because we'll take it."

I'm so furious right now.
    What kinda bully shit, right?

It's just an el cheapo Olympus VN-5000. Doesn't even have a USB on it, I use a 3.5mm male-to-male audio cable to capture.

And I agree - I get angry when I listen to it myself, and I went through it live.
    Junior

(York County)

Default Re: PPD Strikes Again - Confiscates weapon because I "refused to conceal"

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    What kinda bully shit, right?

It's just an el cheapo Olympus VN-5000. Doesn't even have a USB on it, I use a 3.5mm male-to-male audio cable to capture.

And I agree - I get angry when I listen to it myself, and I went through it live.

I've yet to hear it all the way through. I haven't been able to get more than 2 minutes through it and I have to turn it off.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    I've yet to hear it all the way through. I haven't been able to get more than 2 minutes through it and I have to turn it off.
    If you need someone to tie your hands behind your back so you can't turn it off, I might know someone who can help.
    Junior

(York County)

If you need someone to tie your hands behind your back so you can't turn it off, I might know someone who can help.

Last edited by Curmudgeon; October 15th, 2010 at 05:15 PM.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Northampton County)

Viper I am mortified at the lack of support from this community. You performed brilliantly under the circumstances.

You were surrounded by a pack of goons and yet you kept your composure. Count me in as a contributor to any action that you take.

I will commit to a bi-weekly or monthly contribution. This is not just your battle, We all need to own and claim this as gun owners.

Their reason for confiscation as I understand it to be Is that you did not produce the original copy of your LTCF. Let's go on that premise for a second, If a copy is not valid proof of you being licensed as they claim, Then you should have been arrested for carrying a firearm w/o a license.

(Montgomery County)

Im with 30Glock on this.

You know, I have to be honest, I am starting to run out of energy about this whole thing.

That's exactly their stratagy!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

wow..I'm 5min in and I already have a headache...did I hear the 1 cop say he just got done with training and then says open carry in Philadelphia is NOT OK..outside of Philly it's fine, but in Philly, it's a NO GO.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by 30Glock View Post
    Viper I am mortified at the lack of support from this community.
    As am I, but it is not unexpected. Many talk a good game, but when it comes down to it they will not commit to take action. I have a good laugh when I look through forums and see the gun owners with molon labe and don't tread on me signatures. Look up their posts and many times they do not support open carriers and blatently deny that gun rights exist. It is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801
    You know, I have to be honest, I am starting to run out of energy about this whole thing.
    I've felt the same way with my cases. Stick with it if you can. Lots of people think lawsuits are easier than they really are. I have filed several lately and in my federal 1983 suit just went through several hours of answering interrogatories and a video deposition lthat lasted nearly a day. they even wanted to depose my wife. Even if you don't win you can be a positive force in changing how the cops deal with open carriers. I know in my case law enforcement now carry tape measures so they can verify if handguns are of legal length instead of detaining people for hours. I'm pretty sure my case has cost the state thousands upon thousands of dollars in lost wages, attorney fees, and deposition costs. They have three attorneys representing these officers.

Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast