Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Default Browning Hi Power Holster

Any suggestions on a left handed holster for a Browning Hi power? Will be used CC. Personal experience and prices appreciated. Thanks in advance.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Browning Hi Power Holster

I am also left-handed and I Concealed Carry a Hi-Power in .357sig. I use the Bianchi 3S holster and I'm a big fan. It's an Inside the Waistband holster, but has alot of adjustment and it is great for carrying when you are just wearing a t-shirt and jeans. Allows for very good concealment. Slightly uncomfortable when wearing while driving for a long period of time. But I don't wear it while driving anyway. One question, how do you carry yours? Locked and cocked? Or at the half-cock position?

(Allegheny County)

Have Brian (Joe Smith on here) make you a custom rig to your liking. His pancake style kydex is thin and form fitting.

www.atomicdogholster.com

(Dauphin County)

Barron- I carry condition 3. Loaded mag, chamber empty, safety off. Thanks for the info.

Shawn- Thanks for the link but it appears the site is down right now. I'll try again later.

(Dauphin County)

That's very interesting that you carry empty chamber. Would you say you would be well-prepared for an engagement if you were caught off-guard and needed to draw your pistol? I think it's valuable to keep the gun at the most ready, yet safe, state. I carry round loaded, hammer cocked, safety on.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jt0311 View Post
    Barron- I carry condition 3. Loaded mag, chamber empty, safety off. Thanks for the info.

Shawn- Thanks for the link but it appears the site is down right now. I'll try again later.
    actually I just for got the "s"

www.atomicdogholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBaron88 View Post
    That's very interesting that you carry empty chamber. Would you say you would be well-prepared for an engagement if you were caught off-guard and needed to draw your pistol? I think it's valuable to keep the gun at the most ready, yet safe, state. I carry round loaded, hammer cocked, safety on.
    There is plenty of discussion about on carry modes. Id hate to see us have another one of these awful threads.

I suggest getting some quality training from a recognized instructor and then making decisions on wether or not you think carrying your gun loaded is a good idea or not.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedBaron88 View Post
    There's 2 reasons i carry condition 3. The first is the amount of time it takes me to rack the slide compared taking off the safety is fractions of a second. It is possible to unknowingly disengage your safety while holstered CC'ing. It is however impossible to chamber a round while holstered CC'ing.

The 2nd reason is i have small children in my home. Even though i constantly preach gun safety I still need to take into account a child's curiousity. It's much easier for my kid to disengage a safety on a hi power than it is for him to chamber a round.

Personally, I feel that the odds are greater of having a negligent discharge in condition 1 than actually having to use it for self defense. There's pro's and con's to both your method and mine. It all comes down to personal preference. Condition 3 is mine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jt0311 View Post
    There's 2 reasons i carry condition 3. The first is the amount of time it takes me to rack the slide compared taking off the safety is fractions of a second.
    so whats your draw to first shot time running at in C3 ?

I ask this question really because I know you dont have an ansewr. It is clear from your post that your notion of time is simply a notion, nothing you have actually recorded, tested, or done any real anyalasis of. I further doubt you have ever tested this in FoF or under anything less than ideal conditions if at all. To be clear, using the safety doesnt take ANY time, any at all, because it is done as part of the draw stroke.
    I rwally dont wish to get into this argument here, but I implore you to find some quality training, read up on the subject of handguns for self defense, and reavaluate your assumptions on the topic.

It is possible to unknowingly disengage your safety while holstered CC'ing. It is however impossible to chamber a round while holstered CC'ing.
    not in a quality holster.

The 2nd reason is i have small children in my home. Even though i constantly preach gun safety I still need to take into account a child's curiousity. It's much easier for my kid to disengage a safety on a hi power than it is for him to chamber a round.
    How would they get to and play with your gun while it is holstered on your belt? If they cant get to it WHILE you are carrying it that takes this reason for C3 off the table.

I would also implore you not to have the gun accessable to those you cannot be sure of while you are not in control of it. A gun in C3 on a table with an unsupervised child is not what I would call "safe".

Personally, I feel that the odds are greater of having a negligent discharge in condition 1 than actually having to use it for self defense. There's pro's and con's to both your method and mine. It all comes down to personal preference. Condition 3 is mine.
    But YOU are the one in control of wether you have a ND or not. Yes we are all human, yes we all make mistakes, but your the one who is resonsible to make sure this wont happen. Again, I recomend quality training and practice.

OTOH, odds or not, you have no say so in when and where some lunatic will decide todays the day he destroys your life and your loved ones.

It will, by default, happen at a time and place where you did not expect it (thanks PeteG), if you expected it you wouldnt be there. If you ever do need this gun for real you will have precous little if any time to deploy it.

(Dauphin County)

so whats your draw to first shot time running at in C3 ?

I ask this question really because I know you dont have an ansewr. It is clear from your post that your notion of time is simply a notion, nothing you have actually recorded, tested, or done any real anyalasis of.

Next time i'll put a stopwatch in my mouth and time it for you so you have some numbers to crunch

I rwally dont wish to get into this argument here, but I implore you to find some quality training, read up on the subject of handguns for self defense, and reavaluate your assumptions on the topic.

You really don't wish to get into an argument yet you go on and on and use your little rep button to try to get some point across.

I'm a former Marine with combat experience. I know what it's like to shoot and be shot at in anger. What about you?

How would they get to and play with your gun while it is holstered on your belt? If they cant get to it WHILE you are carrying it that takes this reason for C3 off the table.

I would also implore you not to have the gun accessable to those you cannot be sure of while you are not in control of it. A gun in C3 on a table with an unsupervised child is not what I would call "safe".

Because i carry conditon 3 you assume that i am unsafe and don't secure my weapons. Did you ever hear of the saying "When you assume you make an ass out of u and me? Well in this case we can remove the "and me" part.

OTOH, odds or not, you have no say so in when and where some lunatic will decide todays the day he destroys your life and your loved ones.

It will, by default, happen at a time and place where you did not expect it (thanks PeteG), if you expected it you wouldnt be there. If you ever do need this gun for real you will have precous little if any time to deploy it.

You are correct. I have no say so when or where something is going to happen. What i can control though is the condition of my weapon. I prefer not to spend my days wearing a tinfoil hat and watching red dawn.

Maybe you yourself should be looking for a new holster. It sounds like you carry yours in the middle of your back and apparently when you sit down to type the barrel lodges itself in an uncomfortable location.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jt0311;1309997
    [COLOR="Black"
    Next time i'll put a stopwatch in my mouth and time it for you so you have some numbers to crunch[/COLOR]
    a shot timer would do. Its really not outlandish.

You really don't wish to get into an argument yet you go on and on and use your little rep button to try to get some point across.

to be clear, I didnt rep you yet one way or the other. I was trying to give you some advise. I dont know how you got into the red but this sort of attitude is prob what did it.

I'm a former Marine with combat experience. I know what it's like to shoot and be shot at in anger. What about you?
    yeah yeah, former this or that, look, I dont know you and you dont know me and I have plenty of friends who are marines (former?) LE, ect ect ect who I shoot rings around. Im not going to lay down my personal history to every numbnuts on teh enterweb demanding it.

The notions I am espousing, and the ways to measure skill are not some crap I made up because Im some tacticool ninja. Seek out some quality training and people who are very skilled shooters and you will see this is just generic stuff here.

Ive made quite a few crabby ass posts the last week on some various forums. Not normally my style, but everyone has a rough week here or there. I apologize if it came off the wrong way, my delivery was off. But the message is still sound.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast