Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Should I sell or trade PM9 for a .380

I bought a Kahr PM9 a little while back for a pocket gun. I really like the gun and it is very accurate, but after pocket carrying it for awhile I consider it a little too large, so I bought a IWB holster. I never was a huge fan of iwb so now I tend to find it in the door of my truck most the time. I am considering letting it go for a true pocket gun in .380 acp because I feel I will carry a true pocket gun and not just let it in the truck. I really like this kahr but if I get a .380 there is not much need for the 9mm because I also have a smith&wesson .40 cal. So should I get a .380 that I will actually carry, or should I keep the kahr?

Default Re: Should I sell or trade PM9 for a .380

you should trade it to me for my S&W airweight! fits in the pocket and rides like a champ.

honestly, if you're going to keep it and get used to it, they are great (I have one, some pocket, IWB and OWB holsters, and wear it all the time)

but if not, trade/sell for something you will have on you

(Montgomery County)

If you aren't going to use it for the original reason that you bought it - sell it and buy something you'll use / carry.

If you can afford both the Kahr and a pocket .380, keep the Kahr and use it for a hide out gun somewhere in your house as long as you don't have any kids around.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

(Monroe County)

I would sell it for the .380.
    I went through the same situation and ended up with a G26 which through mag changes gives me everything from a range / home gun to nice CCW. For the times that it just would not work I got a Keltec PF9. I found myself leaving it in the car as much as I would the G26 because it was not a true pocket gun and anytime I would carry that IWB/OWB I could have the Glock which I prefer. Trading the PF9 for a KT P3AT which solved all of my issues.
    Last edited by ByAnyMeans; August 13th, 2010 at 03:11 PM. Reason: spelling

(Allegheny County)

Sig P238

It is the only gun of the size with:

Actual sights (with tritium!)
    A GOOD trigger

It is also the only gun of this size that I have enjoyed shooting. It runs like a big gun and is light enough to toss in a pocket. There is NOTHING else that comes close.

(York County)

I have a LCP/CTC laser that I pocket carry everyday, everywhere. It is a great gun to own. I would get what you would actually carry because that is a very important part of a defensive carry gun ...having the gun with you!

I see you are in Spring Grove, If you shoot at Issac Walton maybe we could meet sometime and you could check out my LCP if you are interested. I have thought about getting a PM9 so I would like to check that out as well.

(Philadelphia County)

Based on your post you should probably let it go. If you like it you might want to take a look at the Kahr P380 instead.

Smile Re: Should I sell or trade PM9 for a .380

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    Sig P238

It is the only gun of the size with:

Actual sights (with tritium!)
    A GOOD trigger

It is also the only gun of this size that I have enjoyed shooting. It runs like a big gun and is light enough to toss in a pocket. There is NOTHING else that comes close.

FALSE, the diamondback 380 has 3 dots and so does the S&W bodygaurd. I'm sure theres one or 2 others too but... Any way I say KEEP it. Its already yours, why get rid of it unless you really dont like it. It might not serve the purpose you intended it for but I'd hang onto it. You know what they say, "the more the merrier" right. At least thats how I see it. If you want a true pocket gun save up 3-400 bucks and get one, why ditch the Kahr ?I recently got an LCP and like it so far, .380 prices suck though thats for sure. $13.50 for 9mm and bout $22 for .380 wwb fmj, almost $10 difference for 50 is beat. What kind of IWB holster you get for the Kahr ? Maybe you need to try some others. I got a Crossbreed ST for my HK P30 and thats compact I guess you could say (little bigger than a G19) and its pretty comfy so the PM9 should be alot easier to carry/conceal. All I'm saying is give it a chance, maybe try other holsters, KEEP it, and save for a true pocket gun if thats what you really need. On another note, heard about some issues with FTF's/reliability with the smaller Kahr's. Have you experienced any of that or not at all/maybe during break in/did it go away? Oh yeah, KEEP IT
    and to the dust you shall return

I agree with another post here - if it doesn't suit your original purpose, sell it & get something that does. I can think of a dozen other guns that would be better suited for your house or car.

I have considered a PM9 for my collection. The cost kept me from buying one. I haven't shot one, and I hated to drop that kind of money on a gun I hadn't fired.

I currently have an LCP & LCR that I use when I pocket carry. I think the LCP is the ultimate for pocket carry when you consider the factors of weight, quality, and price. There are other guns out there that are close, but IMO, they fail in one of the aspects that I mentioned. The LCP is a good combination of all 3.

I also look at the collection this way - it is flexible. I thought I would be "done" after I got my "someday gun" - a Sig 239. Funny though - I keep looking. Different guns for different situations, wardrobes, etc.

Good luck!

(Lancaster County)

"Should I sell or trade PM9 for a .380"
    Only if you're retarded. Get pants with bigger pockets.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast