Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Angry Its Game Lands.....Not a State Park!!

So I'm going hunting today and follow two motor bikes onto the dirt road leading back to the game lands. One of them was wearing grey coveralls and the other was wearing a brown jacket. As I got to the parking area I see they have gone through the barrier and kept driving. They parked shortly ahead and walked further to a place called "Lookout Point" on SGL 51.

I get my crap together and proceed walking the road to meet up with another two guys who were already out there. On my way, the two motorcycle guys are coming back down to their bikes. The one is now carring his brown jacket. I said "I'm glad to see you took off your brown jacket". He just looked at me. I then explained that "You are on State Game Lands....In hunting season......Wearing a brown jacket." I told him there are poeple hunting deer out here. Archery is in, Muzzleloader is in. He and his friend said they didn't know.

People have to take responsibility for their own safety. If someone dresses like that on Game Lands and they get accidentially shot.....It's going to be the hunters fault. The hunter will get the balme for this guy's stupidity. It just bugs the crap out of me. So many times on this game land I see familys walking in the woods. Completely clueless. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Fulton County)

Default Re: Its Game Lands.....Not a State Park!!

you shouldnt just shoot at a patch of brown as taught in hunters safty courses. you have to Id what your shootin at.

but yeah there are stupid people all over.
    Last edited by fultonCoShooter; October 21st, 2006 at 09:07 PM.

(Luzerne County)

I think it was more of a sarcastic remark towards the goofs illegally riding motorcycles on SGL's.

Well no matter how ignorent of the law they may be, they are still Deer (dear) to some one they should watch out with the colors they choose to wear, some of us are blind past 36 inches... Thats all you really need to get a good focus on your sights.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Carbon County)

Thumbs up Re: Its Game Lands.....Not a State Park!!

Good job pointing out their stupidity to them.
    There always is a chance someone strays from either area as sometimes things are not well marked it can be hard to tell.
    We like to hike alot and one thing do is wear blaze orange (at least a cap) year round. Its not just safety for hunting season...but its a good idea if you get lost or hurt and someone needs to find you...."an ounce of prevention..."
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    ...some of us are blind past 36 inches... Thats all you really need to get a good focus on your sights.
    Then you should'nt be hunting.

Well no matter how ignorent of the law they may be, they are still Deer (dear) to some one they should watch out with the colors they choose to wear, some of us are blind past 36 inches... Thats all you really need to get a good focus on your sights.
    Quote Originally Posted by avizpls View Post
    Then you should'nt be hunting.
    Your focus should be on your sights, not on your target, the target is merely a place beyond your sights. For a split second, even if you saw your deer at 200 yards, before you shoot it becomes a blur on open sights, and all you see is the shape of your sights. seeing a bright orange vest will distract you even in that moment if it is close to your target. Blind not meaning you cant see, meaning you are not focused on that particualr thing, but if it is orange, it will stand out and you will see it where as brown/black will not stand out while you are focusing. So the 36 inch referance is not to this is only as far as I see, but to this is as far as I need to focus on.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Beaver County)

For a split second, even if you saw your deer at 200 yards, before you shoot it becomes a blur on open sights....
    It is at this point that you make SURE its a deer and not an unknowing woods-goer. Wearing brown is not the smartest thing to do, but its definatly the hunters fault if he shoots anything other than a deer.

The only exception is a person litterally dressed as a deer.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by avizpls View Post
    It is at this point that you make SURE its a deer and not an unknowing woods-goer. Wearing brown is not the smartest thing to do, but its definatly the hunters fault if he shoots anything other than a deer.

The only exception is a person litterally dressed as a deer.
    This is especially true due to the antler restrictions. If you can't make out a deer's head to see if it is a buck or a doe, or if you can't count the points on a buck... you shouldn't even turn the safe off.

I do agree that they shouldn't be out dirt biking during season.. it's just rude.

(Perry County)

Your focus should be on your sights, not on your target, the target is merely a place beyond your sights. For a split second, even if you saw your deer at 200 yards, before you shoot it becomes a blur on open sights, and all you see is the shape of your sights. seeing a bright orange vest will distract you even in that moment if it is close to your target. Blind not meaning you cant see, meaning you are not focused on that particualr thing, but if it is orange, it will stand out and you will see it where as brown/black will not stand out while you are focusing. So the 36 inch referance is not to this is only as far as I see, but to this is as far as I need to focus on.
    Who's shooting deer at 200yds with iron sights??? lol. That's a pretty good distance without a scope. I have see-through scope rings so that I can use my iron sights inside of 50 yards.. but beyond that i like a scope..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast