Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default NJ resident- Non resident FL license- Cant find answer

Ok so I did a lot of searching on the forum and need a little clarification:

I am a NJ resident

I am looking to get a FL non resident ccw

I think I will be able to carry in DE and PA with this license. How about Philly?

When I am in Jersey going to either DE or PA, I am assuming the gun would need to be locked in trunk? If I got stopped by a cop in NJ, what would I say if he found the handgun?

Thanks!

Default Re: NJ resident- Non resident FL license- Cant find answer

I guess the post by Tequila Sunrise will answer this questions. I will follow that post.

Please Note: The poster was issued a warning for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman720 View Post
    I guess the post by Tequila Sunrise will answer this questions. I will follow that post.
    well yes tequila surise took a beating from folks who live in Pa and never lived in NJ, many are future law students or pretend to be or parroting a lawyer who frequents this site or are they praticing NJ law outside of NJ without a license. Tequila is right to go to Evan Nappen he is the best legal source not the posters here. Evan licensed by the Pa bar also

ok I am former NJ resident and venture back there occasionally.

since NJ has a law that says you don't have to disclose whether you have firearm, how are they going Know if its locked in the trunck you gonna tell em???????
    are they gonna search your car because of what reason, you smoking dope, speeding etc if you follow the law, do the speed limit, wearing your seat belt and respectful of others, why would they stop you??

next get yourself NJFID card since 99% of the cops believe thats what you should have and believe me they do. they want to see that yellow card always have that yellow card with correct address on it on your person

Join a range on/near the NJ/Pa border they(most) are registered with NJ state police because most of there members are NJ residents. I know I belong to one. How will the NJ cops know if you are coming and not going unless you tell them, as far as they are concerned you are always going to the range you belong too, all clubs these days have electronic cards and keys

always store range supplies and ammo in old colman/igloo coolers, don't wear gun shirts or baseball caps with glock or whatever, or have stupid bumer stickers thats say stop beeping the horn I am reloading or fake bullet holes

The police in NJ are busy getting donuts, collecting payoff envelopes, protecting illegal activites, catching drunk drivers, hookers, wife beaters and drug dealers who don't pay off.

if by chance you are stopped and they search your car ( never give your consent) keep your mouth shut and get Evan Nappen to defend you, he is NRA lawyer.

after reading tequilas post I too would love to hear what Evan say's and get his book its a great source of Info

I am not advocating breaking the law as I am not a lawyer or wannabe, just use common sense
    and don't run your life based on "WHAT IF"

sprat
    Packing.org,Deloc,Open carry,Florida Carry Concealed,LFI Graduate

(Philadelphia County)

Hi:

I saw your post and wanted to let you know having been a former resident of NJ that you will be perfectly legal able carry in DE, OH, and PA (including Phillly -- depsite PPD's destain for FL CCW holders sarcasm) with a FL Non Resident License.

We offer FL Non Resident courses all inclusive that includes course, range time, ammo, fingerprints, notary, passport photos, training certificate, etc.

You will leave our class in hand with everything needed to apply for a Florida Non Resident Permit. If interested please feel free to contact me.

regards,

Gregory R. Brown
    NRA Instructor, CRSO
    gbrown@team-life.org
    www.team-life.org

Quote Originally Posted by gbrown221 View Post
    Hi:

I saw your post and wanted to let you know having been a former resident of NJ that you will be perfectly legal able carry in DE, OH, and PA (including Phillly -- depsite PPD's destain for FL CCW holders sarcasm) with a FL Non Resident License.

We offer FL Non Resident courses all inclusive that includes course, range time, ammo, fingerprints, notary, passport photos, training certificate, etc.

You will leave our class in hand with everything needed to apply for a Florida Non Resident Permit. If interested please feel free to contact me.

regards,

Gregory R. Brown
    NRA Instructor, CRSO
    gbrown@team-life.org
    www.team-life.org
    Thanks

but i have a Florida resident CWP 12yrs and a Non-res Pa LTCF 10yrs, I have seen your courses offered for NRA certification maybe in the future

Thanks
    Sprat Florida Concealed Carry dot com

(Lackawanna County)

Sprat - What address are you using for your FL Resident Lic and your PA non-Resident Lic? Have you just moved to NJ? Do an address change on your Fl and PA licenses and you should be good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by PA-Joe View Post
    Sprat - What address are you using for your FL Resident Lic and your PA non-Resident Lic? Have you just moved to NJ? Do an address change on your Fl and PA licenses and you should be good to go.
    I moved from Jersey in 1997 to florida, I am resident of Florida,

We bought a house in bucks co for the Summers in 2000, still visit family at the shore, yes I make a good buck and have offices around the country

sprat

enough about me

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprat View Post
    Thanks

but i have a Florida resident CWP 12yrs and a Non-res Pa LTCF 10yrs, I have seen your courses offered for NRA certification maybe in the future

Thanks
    Sprat Florida Concealed Carry dot com
    sorry Sprat. message was for OP

(Philadelphia County)

sorry if this is slightly off topic - but you Jersey folk may know the answer to my question

if i'm going to be staying in nj at a friend's for a few weeks - can i keep my firearm in the house (with his permission) so long as I follow all the applicable laws for transporting into NJ?

I can't seem to find the answer on the NJSP website

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jld34 View Post
    sorry if this is slightly off topic - but you Jersey folk may know the answer to my question

if i'm going to be staying in nj at a friend's for a few weeks - can i keep my firearm in the house (with his permission) so long as I follow all the applicable laws for transporting into NJ?

I can't seem to find the answer on the NJSP website
    If you have an NJFID and are transporting longarms then it would OK.

If you are referring to handgun then , unless you have an NJCCW, there is no way to legally transport from your residence to a buddy's in NJ for a visit because you do not meet any of the exemptions of 2C:39-6. Furthermore when at your buddy's residence you would not be exempted since its not 'your residence' within the meaning of 2C:39-6e.

You can read the laws for yourself by going to the NJSP website for firearms and go to the link for Chapter 39 (Firearm laws). You want to specifically read and understand 2C:39-5 and 2C:39-6.

http://www.njsp.org/about/fire_ag2.html
    IANAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast