Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default had to drop my pants at the doctor

went in for acupuncture yesterday, pulled something in my leg 2weeks ago, anyway, he asked me to drop my pants and get on the table. He left, i looked around for a place to lay my gun and pants but before i was done he came back in. told me to just lay it on the chair, and thats when he saw it. I had shorts on so i couldn't wrap the pants around my gun so i just sat there. nothing said nothing happened, 20 mins later i was done.

feel like i just wasted a post.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: had to drop my pants at the doctor

Whenever I got o the dcotror's office I always bring a removable peice of clothing, like a button down shirt and when Im in the waiting room alone (Between the Nurse and Doctor visits) I wrap my Glock in the shirt and set it on the chair. So far it's been undetected.... though generally I refuse to remove my pants on request and only do so when I volunteer to do so based on my own concerns.

(Berks County)

I would have told the doc:

This here is just to make sure this is NOT a social call (j/k blame Andrew Dice Clay for that one lol)

At least is wasnt the Philly PD having a Black Panther flashback moment on you

btw no such thing as a wasted post
    gotta love her ;)

Just curious.......

Why the wrapping and hiding?

When I go to the doc I...

-Lock up, then hide, my gun in the car. (and its always a cheap, sub caliber, low capacity gun. In case of theft)

-Leave it at home

-Give it to the wife to hold.

I would never just leave it laying somewhere, especially wrapped up. what if you had to leave the room to get weighed, tested, etc? Your gun is just sitting there, unattended.

Your gun doesn't have to go with you 100% of the time. Its OK to have a 99% carry rate. Sometimes its just going to have to be left behind.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Just curious.......

Why the wrapping and hiding?
    Because if it's not "on me" I would rather no-one knew it was there... otherwise I OC.

In philly never leave your gun in the car unless there's no other option, like going into post office or school.

It was laying on the chair about 4 feet from me, I wasn't worried bout it being taken, unless the doc...

now that i think about it, last winter i was at a different doctor but i was able to keep it in my coat pocket, but my holster was totally exposed with my shirt off.

i think the reason i posted was the fact that the more people (not public but not friends or family) knows, the more liberated i feel. the other night i walked out the back of my house (into a shared parking lot that's is not fenced in) without a shirt and when i remembered i had my gun on it was a wow moment. I mini opened carried. my wallet was in my pants so my LTCF was with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Franky4Fingers View Post
    ... (and its always a cheap, sub caliber,
    Like a ... 9 mm?

(Ducks for cover)

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunsho View Post
    In philly never leave your gun in the car unless there's no other option, like going into post office or school.

It was laying on the chair about 4 feet from me, I wasn't worried bout it being taken, unless the doc...

now that i think about it, last winter i was at a different doctor but i was able to keep it in my coat pocket, but my holster was totally exposed with my shirt off.

i think the reason i posted was the fact that the more people (not public but not friends or family) knows, the more liberated i feel. the other night i walked out the back of my house (into a shared parking lot that's is not fenced in) without a shirt and when i remembered i had my gun on it was a wow moment. I mini opened carried. my wallet was in my pants so my LTCF was with me.

I sat on the side of the street, OCing, no shirt, fixing a flat tire. I had more complaints about chest hair than about guns.

I've OCed to the Dr before. First time he was a little iffy on it. Asked what I needed it for. I asked if he wanted to see me after being beaten, and stabbed for my wallet. He told me I had a valid point, and now he carries.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Northampton County)

Usually at the doctor they just tell you to drop the pants to your ankles. I've never had to take them off completely

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast