Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Talking (AR-15): Well, that sure was easy...

In case anyone gives a fat rat's patootie whether (a) the Chip McCormick Super Match Trigger Group (Small Pin, .154") is compatible with a left-handed Stag Arms AR-15 Model 2L, and (b) whether a COMPLETE fumble-fingered noob with no gunsmithing savvy (like me) can easily install it himself (with heavy emphasis on the "easily"), the answer to both questions is "yes."

It took about 20 minutes, most of which was spent admiring all the little parts and doodads that came out of the lower receiver as I disassembled it, and practicing re-assembling the factory trigger group (several times) to make sure I could put everything back in place in the event the CMC trigger assembly didn't fit or function properly.

Provided the weather cooperates this weekend, I'll take it out to the range at State Gamelands #43 and see if it was worth the $170 I spent on the darn thing. I figure it should: the factory trigger on that Stag was just horrible-- creepy, rough, and with loads of overtravel. Popping a few snapcaps after finishing the install, the CMC felt much more crisp than the factory trigger; but we'll see.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: (AR-15): Well, that sure was easy...

Just remember to load the mags short until you test it out. Guns that go auto are no fun.....well, not if you're not ready.

Congrats! Give us a full range report.

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(York County)

The first thing I read (after buying my first SKS) is to not load more then 2 or 3 rounds in the magazine in case the rifle doubles (or triples, or continues firing).
    Done this with all my semi-auto rifles. Reckon I should do it with any semi-auto pistols as well.

(Delaware County)

Thanks; I'll take care. Can't have more than three rounds in the mag at the State Gamelands ranges anyhow, so if the new trigger goes FA on me the drama will be sorta limited...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    Congrats! Give us a full range report.
    Worked as advertised, no function problems. Trigger pull was smooth with a very clean break and little, if any, overtravel. Tightened up my groups quite a bit-- now I can focus on my shooting technique instead of fighting the AR's trigger.