Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs down My rant against Anthony Arms (West Mifflin, PA)

This is the email I just sent to Anthony Arms via their website:

I am extremely disappointed in the customer service I received on two occasions at your store. Last week, I stopped in to purchase a holster and a spare magazine. I wandered throughout the whole store, looking at the merchandise without one sales person approaching me. Finally, I went to the back counter where three staff were talking amongst themselves behind the counter. I inquired about thigh holsters. I was told the store did not carry them. I was given no other information or an offer to possibly order one for me. I did purchase a leather holster and the magazine. I decided that the holster was a bit too tight for me to comfortably remove my firearm and came in to return/exchange it. Again, no one approached me until I went to the back of the store. The salesperson was extremely condescending to me and talked to me as if I had absolutely no knowledge about using the holster. I decided to think about keeping it, and looked around the store in case I saw another holster that I would use for an exchange. Another employee emerged from the back room, said "hi" and continued walking. I returned to the counter and said I would just keep the holster. I would have made a comment about the salesperson's disrespectful tone and facial expressions, but there were two customers at the counter by this time and I decided to be polite and just leave. As I left, I vowed to NEVER spend one more dollar in this store. Either I must appear as though I have no money to spend (which I doubt is the case) or your store has no need for money if it comes from the wallet of a female. FYI, this particular female has purchased a S&W 642, Springfield XD 9 mm, Diamondback DB380, range bag, several sets of ear protection, eye protection, holsters, and countless boxes of ammunition all within the last year or so. My husband, in the same period of time, has purchased a Beretta PX4 Storm, Remington hunting rifle, AR-15 and similar amounts of gear and accessories. We are members of the NRA, a local gun club as well as PAFOA and FOAC. We will be sure to let our acquaintances know that there are other firearms dealers who welcome my/our business and are more deserving of our hard-earned dollars.

Grrrrrrrrr!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: My rant against Anthony Arms (West Mifflin, PA)

This is just ANOTHER reminder why I'll never shop or shoot there. This type of ignorance and condescension is the worst thing for a business. Surely they have been told about this before? Maybe they are the owners or their relatives? I'll never know though, like I said I heard of this too many times here on the forums and don't plan on going there. Ace Sporting Goods in Washington Pa. is the place for me.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by shelley66 View Post
    This is the email I just sent to Anthony Arms via their website:

I am extremely disappointed in the customer service I received on two occasions at your store. Last week, I stopped in to purchase a holster and a spare magazine. I wandered throughout the whole store, looking at the merchandise without one sales person approaching me. Finally, I went to the back counter where three staff were talking amongst themselves behind the counter. I inquired about thigh holsters. I was told the store did not carry them. I was given no other information or an offer to possibly order one for me. I did purchase a leather holster and the magazine. I decided that the holster was a bit too tight for me to comfortably remove my firearm and came in to return/exchange it. Again, no one approached me until I went to the back of the store. The salesperson was extremely condescending to me and talked to me as if I had absolutely no knowledge about using the holster. I decided to think about keeping it, and looked around the store in case I saw another holster that I would use for an exchange. Another employee emerged from the back room, said "hi" and continued walking. I returned to the counter and said I would just keep the holster. I would have made a comment about the salesperson's disrespectful tone and facial expressions, but there were two customers at the counter by this time and I decided to be polite and just leave. As I left, I vowed to NEVER spend one more dollar in this store. Either I must appear as though I have no money to spend (which I doubt is the case) or your store has no need for money if it comes from the wallet of a female. FYI, this particular female has purchased a S&W 642, Springfield XD 9 mm, Diamondback DB380, range bag, several sets of ear protection, eye protection, holsters, and countless boxes of ammunition all within the last year or so. My husband, in the same period of time, has purchased a Beretta PX4 Storm, Remington hunting rifle, AR-15 and similar amounts of gear and accessories. We are members of the NRA, a local gun club as well as PAFOA and FOAC. We will be sure to let our acquaintances know that there are other firearms dealers who welcome my/our business and are more deserving of our hard-earned dollars.

Grrrrrrrrr!
    Well written!

(Washington County)

Ive never had a problem up there, other than some of the prices being a tad high. But to mention another store as was in a previous post.. Ace seems just as bad on prices.

(Allegheny County)

high prices, willful lies to get you to come in, very poor customer service, what else could you want in a store?

I never shop there!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Allegheny County)

I paid them $30 to put tritium sites on my carry gun. Whoever did it, apparently hammered on the front site and broke the gas tube. I ended up replacing the front site myself, after the supplier kindly gave me a new one.

(Bucks County)

Off topic- put the pistol in a plastic bag and put in the holster for a day or two and it should lossen up.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bnkrtstk View Post
    Off topic- put the pistol in a plastic bag and put in the holster for a day or two and it should lossen up.
    Thanks...yeah, I just heard about that, I'll try it.

I'm honestly thinking about starting my own little crusade to help educate some of these places about customer service in general, and about how to treat female customers. No one is asking them to paint the walls pink and put up pictures of bunnies and kitties. Just treat us like valuable customers who might actually know something. Even if we don't know, heck, there are plenty of men who walk into gun shops who don't know the first thing about firearms. I am sick of being treated like a second class citizen in a gun shop, at the car dealer, at the mechanics. There have been times when I have told the mechanic the problem and gotten "Well now...you just let us take a look see and then we'll tell ya". Then, of course, I would be right but nooooooo.....how could that be? I'm just a girl after all!

It's all about the bottom line...women have money, men have money, men have wives and girlfriends, men have wives and girlfriends who might encourage them to spend more money if they share the same interest....I'm just saying...

(Westmoreland County)

A few years back my Son gave AA a call and ask them if they rented 44 mag's. I think at that time he wanted to shoot a Smith or maybe it was a Ruger. Anyway, the guy on the phone said yes, they rent 'em and he would also have to buy the ammo from AA.

My Son said that wasn't a problem.....so he and a buddy planned on going down that evening. Now, we live in the Greensburg area, so a trip to AA isn't like letting the dog out back to take a whizz.

He drives down to AA, which takes him almost an hour. They go into the shop and he ask the guy about renting a 44 mag....and the guy tells him that they don't have any right now and that most of their rentals are "out" being serviced.

So...he had the option of some POS 38 special revolver, or a plastic 9mm semi-auto.

That was his first and last trip to AA. Hey.....all the guy on the phone had to do was tell him the 44 mag's were being serviced right now and would be back in a week or whatever. AA could have made a sale of a 44 mag....but all they did was make two guys leave with a bad taste in their mouth and always speak poorly about AA.

They must have guns fly out the door and customers just plain don't matter.

We all should be in the gun business.....Yeah....that's it.

Dave

(Chester County)

Your message is well worded but should be broken up into atleast two or three paragraphs. It makes it much easier to read.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast