Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: My rant against Anthony Arms (West Mifflin, PA)

Because they dont care about the customer, and I highly doubt they have the ammo in stock.

Its probably just drop shipped and they middle man you.

I need to quit with this thread. This place makes me so aggravated!

Wow Cyclops.... From Butler to Washington to go to a gun shop, or were you just in the area? I have no problem traveling, but for the most part the gun shops I frequent are more or less in my area, or they happen to be located where I am headed. I did just google maps the area of John Browns Armory, which looks to be 1 1/2 hours away. At present I don't mind the drive, but my Jeep isn't all that gas effecient, so if I am price shopping, I tend to add in the price of gas to my estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by cyclops24 View Post
    I just visited Ace's for the first time this past week. I was impressed with their selection but was ignored for 30 min before someone asked if I needed some help. And when I asked them if they had something, I was told no and then later found it on my own. Also there prices were on the high side but if they have what you want and your willing to pay to have it today then this might be the place to go. On everything I was interested in, I could save $150+ by buying online with cash and that includes $30 shipping and $25 transfer fee figured in. Another thing I consider is the 3% upcharge dealers use online for CC use where the local shops don't have that. If the difference is $40-50, I buy local. I consider it a convenience fee.

Sounds like I need to take a trip to John Brown's armory. There was a shop I went to in Ambridge, can't remember the name but it was less than impressive.

I have never been to AA and I will never go there. I have heard nothing positive about the place so I won't waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by mjf317 View Post
    You are probably correct there. They collect the money, drop ship from the warehouse, and don't have to pay the shipping. Buying that much ammo might just clean out their inventory, but then I assume that moving inventory would be good for any retail business.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjf317 View Post
    Because they dont care about the customer, and I highly doubt they have the ammo in stock.

I need to quit with this thread. This place makes me so aggravated!
    All the ammo was in stock on the floor in bulk packages. TONS of ammo. The most I have ever seen other than when I was in the military.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Wash View Post
    Wow Cyclops.... From Butler to Washington to go to a gun shop, or were you just in the area? I have no problem traveling, but for the most part the gun shops I frequent are more or less in my area, or they happen to be located where I am headed. I did just google maps the area of John Browns Armory, which looks to be 1 1/2 hours away. At present I don't mind the drive, but my Jeep isn't all that gas effecient, so if I am price shopping, I tend to add in the price of gas to my estimate.
    I actually live in Cranberry but I had always heard about Ace's but was never there. But when I had to take my truck in for service down on West Liberty Ave in Dormont, I decided to shoot down to Ace's to look around and then jump on 79 to return home. Cabelas is the longest haul for me but usually I don't go there to look at guns exclusively. I do enjoy going to different shops to see what they have. I have driven to Ohio once 1 1/2hrs to look at rifle I ended up buying that no one else could get.

(Allegheny County)

Went in today with my tax refund ready to buy two firearms. After loosing Bravermans I wanted to support local places.

Walked up to the counter. One lady walking around talking to another guy who works there. One guy with grey hair talking to locals, who were drinking coffee.

Now, I took off work and drove 20 minutes (traffic) to get there. I'm there 10 minutes, no one helps me.

I walk around, grab some accessories, walk back to the counter. Put items on the counter. Put my wallet, ID, and cash on the counter.

No one would help me. Everyone was too busy talking to their buddy, having coffee, and talking on the store phone (to people calling for hours... do you have a computer???)

Drove 20 minutes back to work, got on GUN BROKER and purchased 3 items. I was tempted to list Anthony Arms as my FFL to show them how I purchased guns that they had in stock, but I figured no one would help me to process the transfer.

A previous poster said "Anthony Arms can Bite Me." Hey, if you can stay open in this economy and ignore guys standing at the counter on a WEEKDAY with cash... good for you Anthony Arms. Good. For. You.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by LDH45ACP View Post
    Went in today with my tax refund ready to buy two firearms. After loosing Bravermans I wanted to support local places.

Walked up to the counter. One lady walking around talking to another guy who works there. One guy with grey hair talking to locals, who were drinking coffee.

Now, I took off work and drove 20 minutes (traffic) to get there. I'm there 10 minutes, no one helps me.

I walk around, grab some accessories, walk back to the counter. Put items on the counter. Put my wallet, ID, and cash on the counter.

No one would help me. Everyone was too busy talking to their buddy, having coffee, and talking on the store phone (to people calling for hours... do you have a computer???)

Drove 20 minutes back to work, got on GUN BROKER and purchased 3 items. I was tempted to list Anthony Arms as my FFL to show them how I purchased guns that they had in stock, but I figured no one would help me to process the transfer.

A previous poster said "Anthony Arms can Bite Me." Hey, if you can stay open in this economy and ignore guys standing at the counter on a WEEKDAY with cash... good for you Anthony Arms. Good. For. You.
    The other thread says they charge$50 for a transfer anyway.

(Allegheny County)

The money I saved (even when including shipping and my local FFL guy's fees) was more than enough to buy two extra full-sized magazines for both pistols. So, in the end, I made out.

If you don't want to be in a customer service field, that's fine. Be an accountant or some work-alone type. Don't open a gun store.

(Westmoreland County)

For internet sales use GROPA. A good guy to do business with

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    For internet sales use GROPA. A good guy to do business with
    Todd (GROPA) had just announced he is closing shop after 16 (IIRC) years of performing transfers.
    Toujours prêt

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast