Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: My rant against Anthony Arms (West Mifflin, PA)

I too have snagged some deals there too. But the general attitude seem to be that they are the "Experts" and you are a bother. The only guys that I even get a "Can I help You?" from are Leo, and the tall older man, I believe his name is Bill. Most of the time they seem to be too wrapped up in the TV than to wait on you. With the Steelers playing today it will be like pulling teeth.
    F the NFL!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I too have snagged some deals there too. But the general attitude seem to be that they are the "Experts" and you are a bother. The only guys that I even get a "Can I help You?" from are Leo, and the tall older man, I believe his name is Bill. Most of the time they seem to be too wrapped up in the TV than to wait on you. With the Steelers playing today it will be like pulling teeth.
    Leo is a good guy, so is the old man.

but wait....... why the hell wont you be at home yelling at the TV ??????? going shopping during a Steelers game? And this game, with Btach in and the dity birds?

Im watching you buddy.............. this just doesnt add up

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    Leo is a good guy, so is the old man.

but wait....... why the hell wont you be at home yelling at the TV ??????? going shopping during a Steelers game? And this game, with Btach in and the dity birds?

Im watching you buddy.............. this just doesnt add up
    Shooting ranges clear out during Steelers games.

You can always DVR it

What type of deals are you guys talking? Did you find a good price or just haggle to get a price down?

(Westmoreland County)

Sorry for the late reply. I picked up a really clean Remington 572BDL with a Simmons 3x9 scope for $200 plus tax, Ruger SP101 $250 plus, a Smith 66 6" like new for $275.00, and a nice WIn 94 for $175. All were used but well worth the asking price. Last year the had a Remington Nylon 66, black stock chrome barrel and receiver and scope for $150, I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing it. These were the prices on the hang tags,no haggling.
    F the NFL!

My one, of two times at Anthony... A friend had suggested the place, so I took my son or a few hours at their range. After we shot, I looked around, and at the time was interested in a Kimber Ultra CDP II. I counter shopped, kinda browsed, but tried to look interested. When I got to the section of Kimbers, I had to go get someone and ask for help. When the salesman finally got over to help me, I asked if they had the gun I wanted. He looked in the case, which I had already done, and noted that they didn't have any. I asked if I could order one (cash in pocket), and he said "If Anthony doesn't have one on the shelf, there isn't one to be had as they are a MASTER KIMBER ARMS DEALER for the tri-state area, and ALL GUN SHOPS MUST BUY THEIR KIMBERS through Anthony Arms". I politely excused myself, and went to Ace, where they had what I wanted in stock, and out the door with friendly service.

And my second and final visit to Anthony... Walked in with my GF, however she kinda went her way, and I went mine. WHile she was looking over handguns, I was looking over long guns. She asked for help, however the guy almost outright refused to help her, and said that he was on his way to help me... obviously not knowing that we were together... As he approaches, I said I was ok, and didn't really need help, and to go help her. He didn't quite respond, but said he would rather help me. After a minute or two, it was clearly evident that he was avoiding helping her out. With his lack of even an attempt to help her, I walked over to her, and said "Let's go honey, they want my money but not yours"

I will never return there.

(Allegheny County)

Its pretty cut and dry Ace is the place. I have been to anthony arms 5 times and bought a slew of accessories but only 1 firearm ever after just buying my glock 27 from them for around 580 or so I politely asked them if they would mind installing the grip extension right there and then since I saw the man with a steel rod in his shirt pocket. He replied yes so he handed me the extension took me over to the register rang me out and said that will be 18 dollars. I said "What" the extension is 3.42. He said that's the fee for me to install it. I glared at him with disgust and said fine keep it. However unpractical I drove straight to Ace bought the same extension and asked them to install it for me as a test. Now I expected some charge...after all i didnt just pay them 600 dollars. I said how much is that gonna cost he smiled and said 3.42. I laughed and made a promise to myself I would never see the inside of AA again. As far as ranges at a gun store who needs them its way cheaper to just buy ammo and belong to a sportsmen club. Ace is the better of the 2 PERIOD. I have since bought a S&W 40 a bushmaster carbon 15 and a mossberg cruiser and a remington 700 VTR from ace along with a tactical vest and all my ammo and accessories. Poor AA lost alot of business over a simple 2 second process. Yes, I could have installed it myself but had no tools other then a car key on me and I wanted to carry it in the holster that way right out of the store. Just my .02
    "I would rather have my freedom and face the danger."

(Allegheny County)

i've, dealt with aa for years, i find it's a decent place to buy guns. i never use the range unless i get a free pass. to expensive otherwise, also i only buy from leo, or larry. there's a younger guy cant think of his name. ( only employee who doesn't carry a side arm) he isn't bad either.

i have found staying away from the range. and dealing with those 3 guys. then the place isn't bad. i live 10 minutes from there so it's good for me.

(Allegheny County)

I have bought two guns there, both from Larry and have had a very pleasant experience. Every other time I have been there I have either been ignored or treated as if they didn't want my business. I will not go there unless I know he is working.

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(Allegheny County)

I posted a review of AA a while back as well.

Key Points:
    They are rude.
    They will lie to you.
    They are HORRIBLY overpriced.
    ($590 for a comp m2?! an over a grand for an AR15?!?!)

I dont know where you guys are used to shopping but hell ACE is overpriced. That place makes me cringe.

+1 For John Browns Armory. I did my C3 transfers with him smooth as ice without having to pay a paperwork fee, he always has everything in stock, tons of used firearms, and I usually cant even beat his prices on the net.

As I had said many times before, I dont play around with shops nowadays. I drop a cool grand every month on investments. Anthony arms can stuff it. Tim B gets my hard earned coins.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast