Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: My rant against Anthony Arms (West Mifflin, PA)

I was up at Ace this weekend to see a few fellow POOFA members manning a table selling gunbash tickets.. and was as always helped out in a fast manner by salesmen. Repeatedly.

Now in browsing the availible merch, I did find that one thing Ace has less going for it is the oddball guns that Anthony Arms seems to get in with frequency. Being I am a fan of the off kilter, I like that.

But overall in rifles Ace has a better selection, and in BP, they have a much higher volume. No range though.

(Westmoreland County)

Hands down ACE has a great selection of guns. Maybe not the off-main street stuff, but I think when they get that kind of stuff in it doesn't last long because of their volume of traffic.

Ace does have good customer service. Nice people willing to help you.

Dave

(Allegheny County)

I actually stopped in today and asked about the Glock Gen4 pistols, specifically regarding the back straps, as they are called, and the guy didn't even know what I was talking about.
    I also asked him if they carried a certain Colt rifle and as soon as I mentioned the word Colt he looked as if he had some cow dung under his nose.

(Blair County)

Do they by chance hire off duty LEO's? These are the worst kinds of shops. These people stand behind the counter talking with each other about the newest tactical shit. They have no interest in making a sale or helping you. Ive seen cops shoot, im not taking any advice from one to start with. But they are trained to be egotistical aholes who are suspicious of everyone. It is no wonder they make terrible sales clerks.

(Allegheny County)

I've had one good experience at AA. My fiance and I were looking for an adjustable stock for our Saiga 12. They didn't have one but the man we were talking to was very helpful, very friendly, offered to order us one, talked about the guns he owns, etc. He was also OC'ing. I was kind of in shock when we were there because thats not typically the service you get. Of course it was only the one time though, I haven't seen that guy there since.

The last time I stopped by was to pick up some ammo before doing some target shooting. I was told by one of the jerks working there that they wouldn't sell me anything but defense rounds unless I was going to shoot at their range. I'm done with them, ACE is definitely worth the drive.

(Allegheny County)

Ive only been there once but I had a good experience. I did have to ask someone to get an answer but the guy was very friendly and answered all my questions in depth. I went in to find a holster for my SP101 and 442 and the guy pretty much told me to just buy a cheap one or two and wear them in various locations so see how they fit. He then told me that if I liked an IWB or SOB or whatever to let him know and he would order one for me. For as big as that place is I wasnt impressed by the amount of merchandise at all. I cant even imagine how much the owner has spent in taxidermy services though, holy crap.

(Westmoreland County)

[QUOTE][I cant even imagine how much the owner has spent in taxidermy services though, holy crap. /QUOTE]

Seems like a big ego trip for Mr Anthony to me.
    F the NFL!

(Allegheny County)

Red face Re: My rant against Anthony Arms (West Mifflin, PA)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    My impression of AA is that it's nothing more than a hobby to the people who own it and work there.
    That's VERY possible. I don't know too many gunshops that could lose their FFL for 6 mos., and STILL stay in business THESE days!

Yeah, their prices are high - algore's interweb has spoiled us all. Bargains are where you find them though, and I've snagged a couple there over the years.

They don't generally jump up to greet me either when I walk in, but I've never NOT been able to grab someone's attention when necessary, and they seem to like me.

I've known better shops - I've known worse, over the years. It's just another gun shop.

(Allegheny County)

I'm not interested in shopping anywhere that intentionally lies to me to get me to drive over for something they know that they don't have and waste my time!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpi View Post
    I'm not interested in shopping anywhere that intentionally lies to me to get me to drive over for something they know that they don't have and waste my time!
    That's a very valid point. And one that my Son experienced as well. Or, I should say it was a "lie via withholding of necessary information."

Like and old joke:

Cop to witness: Did you see the perp?
    Witness: Yes, he ran over there and dropped his handgun in the middle of the street.
    Cop: Is that his handgun lying in the street?
    Witness: Yes.
    Cop now begins to walk across street with his weapon drawn and pointed at door\window of building. Suddenly, a burst of 50 rounds blast directly out of window and Cop is laying on his back with a few arm wounds in shock! Fortunately....his Kevlar performed beyond expectations!!

Witness runs over to Cop: Are you OK?
    Cop: I thought you said he dropped his hadgun?
    Witness: Yes....but not his full-auto Tommygun with the 50 round tub clip.

You know.....it's that withholding of serious information that can get you in a world of shit. Damn....I hate when that happens.

Dave

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast