Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: My rant against Anthony Arms (West Mifflin, PA)

I've been in there a few times recently to get trigger jobs done on my M&P's. I must say that their smith- Dan is a nice guy. I can deffinetly see the other clerks being condescending though, they always seemed to have an attitude everytime I was there.

(Allegheny County)

Check out this place:

High Tech Hand Guns‎
    9012 Perry Highway
    Pittsburgh, PA 15237-5371
    (412) 367-9294
    www.hightechhandguns.com‎

They are very female friendly as well as friendly in general. Downside its a small place so not a ton of stock and the hours are not great either.

(Allegheny County)

I went to their range and shot a few range guns a month or so ago. The range officer was a nice guy and helped me a little bit with my aim.

Before I left I stopped by to look at the new guns they had for sale. I was totally ignored and I had to ask to see the guns. Then the guy said nothing.

(Allegheny County)

I went to their range and shot a few range guns a month or so ago. The range officer was a nice guy and helped me a little bit with my aim.

Before I left I stopped by to look at the new guns they had for sale. I was totally ignored and I had to ask to see the guns. Then the guy said nothing.

(Allegheny County)

Obviously, the service (or lack thereof) at AA is not strictly limited to the female persuasion. Yes, there are a few people who have had some positive experiences, but the negative ones just shouldn't happen...at least this many. Generally, the way to get one's point across is to take his/her money elsewhere. I guess there are enough people spending at AA that they don't need to worry about customer service? Seems odd to me.

I travel a lot for my job, so I've had the opportunity to stop at quite a few places while I'm out and about. I absolutely LOVE A&S in Youngwood. I also was impressed with the service from The Shooter's Bench in, I think, Russelton. I'll have to think about posting more reviews, especially for the good places...they should be recognized for their efforts

I would say that out of the twenty times I have been in there, fifteen times left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Jules

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I would say that out of the twenty times I have been in there, fifteen times left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Jules
    How many times did you burn your hand on the stove as a child before you stopped touching it? A lot it seems

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    How many times did you burn your hand on the stove as a child before you stopped touching it? A lot it seems

BimmerJon......These kind of comments happen when you have no idea what you are talking about.

Perhaps the 20 times this fellow stopped, he wanted to shoot and it was after work....dark....and the only place convenient to HIM to stop, buy ammo, shoot and "un-wind".....then go home to reality.

Perhaps it was the only place his shootin buddy likes to go and he's not one to make waves, so he goes there even though the place isn't high on his "best places to shop for gun stuff" list.

So, before you go spoutin off about what you think you know or don't know....either ask....or perhaps reserve your comments.

Because to know is a big deal. And to not know.....is just bla, bla bla at best.

Dave

(Allegheny County)

I must say the staff at Anthony Arms is not the friendliest. I recently went in there inquiring about the new Remington 1911, the clerk took it out of the case, and as I was looking at it I asked him if he heard anything about how it shoots, or if he even has shot one himself, and all I received was a stern "no." Now, I understand the pistol is new, and hasn't been out that long, but you would expect the staff to have done a little more homework about the product.

(Allegheny County)

I've been, and please pardon the expression, whoring around gun shops for most of my adult life. Shelley, I sure do understand your being more than irritated. You have to understand that when Mr. Anthony sold Anthony Cranes, he opened up the shop as a pastime, not a business. Its also a place for him to show off expensive firearms that are clearly marked not for sale, as well as stuffed critters that I suppose he shot.

I spent lots of hours, and bought lots of guns, from Denny Salem's shop in Johnstown. (Sporting Goods Discounters)I lived up there for 10 years before moving back to the 'Burgh. Denny, Doug, Justin, and Jeremy would as often as not ask me to explain the "innards" of a gun to men or women, and I got several referalls for firearm instruction.

I spend a fair amount of time at Ace Sporting Goods, and yes, prices are up, especially on hand cannons. Trust me, they're up everywhere. Obama has been proclaimed gun salesman of the year. I don't get asked to go behind the counter at Ace Sporting Goods, but I must say the guys are professional and courteous. I quit buying new guns some time ago. Its been my experience that most folks take very good care of their firearms, and don't shoot them as often as they like. I bought a lot of used firearms from Denny and Doug, and I've spent better than 3 grand at George Romanoff's store in the past 18 months.

You have the right idea. My Dad always said that if you didn't appreciate the service at particular establishment, just don't ever go back. I find the inventory at Anthony Arms to be abysmally small, and frankly not worth a visit. I too got the idea that the sales force was doing me a favor just by talking to me.

If you want to get a really good laugh, I was at Ace Sporting Goods 8/22/10 selling tickets to the FOAC gun bash, and in walks Mr. Anthony with his entourage. He was either looking for inventory or price shopping. In either case, I found it to be pretty arrogant to show up at a competitor's store with a whole magilla of folks. Professional business folks hire "shoppers" to do that market research.

Stay safe, and keep 'em in the 10 ring.
    WOP2

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast