Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taurus = FAIL

(Chester County)

Default Taurus = FAIL

so the brand new Taurus OSS that i bought (you know, the one that was so invincible it was designed for USSOCOM) that broke immediately the first time i shot it by stovepiping live rounds it was trying to feed, and sent back to Taurus to be repaired, just came back after a month of waiting.

I tested it at the range.

It broke immediately.

the EXACT same thing happened on my second mag of fmj. i called Taurus and asked what they had done to fix it, as the only fixed problem noted on the repair form i got back was "bad mashining" - yes, thats how it was spelled. idiots. anyway they couldnt tell me what work had been done so i asked that they replace the firearm because they couldnt fix it. they told me because it has a lifetime warranty, they can only repair it again, not replace it. so i just sent it back again and told them that if it epically failed again, that they would absolutely have to replace it. i also asked that they expedite the repair process this time and they told me they would.

now i KNOW i took a risk by buying a Taurus, but seriously, this is ridiculous. last i checked, the point of a gun was to shoot bullets, not just look badass.

ill keep this updated

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Taurus = FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by XACEX View Post
    so the brand new Taurus OSS that i bought
    There's your problem right there...

:P Hope they get it right for you this time around!
    III%

(Jefferson County)

There is always a lemon in every bunch of cherries. Hopefully they will make good on things.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

I certainly hope they fix it this second time around. Speaking from experience with Taurus warranty/repair. GOOD LUCK. Lifetime warranty, means it may take you a lifetime to get it done.
    I feel your pain.
    TJ

Ive heard of a lot of folk talk about how bad Taurus's customer service is. And it sucks that youve had so many problems.

My experience was much better, a few years ago I bought a Taurus 617. Everything was fine when firing .38s, but when I fired .357 mag from it the casings would stick when I dumped the cylinder. I went ahead and miked the cylinder and sure enough there was an unusual and sharp taper at the fore end of the cylinder, something Id heard about from many different wheel guns. Often times they wont change out the bits when they are worn causing this taper. I contacted em, and had it shipped. I had it back in my hand before I went out on my next hitch on the rig I was working on.

Sorry ya had a bad experience.

Oh BTW. Don't mistake me for a Taurus fan boy (I don't think any of em actually exist). Thats the only thing made by Taurus that I own.
    "Kicking the darkness until it bleeds light."

(Allegheny County)

Red face Re: Taurus = FAIL

NEW Taurus semi-auto's always seem to go through this. The bluing FLAKED off early 1911's, and the safeties POPPED off. I remember when the PT100 and 101 were brand new, and they had problems as well (front sight posts FELL off of those, among other things). I bought a PT100 ca.1993, and it ran fine, BUT... it seems EVERY new Taurus oughta be marked, caveat emptor!

Nonetheless, it sounds like the low serial numbers on these models will live in infamy as well...

(Northampton County)

I bought a brand new Taurus TCP and it has shot everything I put through it.

Not one single hiccup so far. *knock on wood*

they need to change their quality control standard... I owned a taurus 6+1 45 acp. subcompact pistol , and it jams every 2 to 3 rounds. it was so unreliable that i even feel guilty when i sold it, but i did mention about this issue to whoever bought it.

then i got the pt1911ss, shoots flawlessly and really accurate. but if u ask me now, i would still hesitate to get a taurus, which is why i went with LCP, rather than the stainless TCP 738.

i am sure there are whole bunch people out there who owns taurus, just because their design and spec are actually quite attractive for their price point. but i would suggest others to check out Taurus as an option, but not recommend due to their 50/50 quality...

just my $0.02...
    Mossberg835, SA XD9Service, TaurusPT745SS, WaltherP22, SA XD9SC SS

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    I bought a brand new Taurus TCP and it has shot everything I put through it.

Not one single hiccup so far. *knock on wood*
    The wife has had one since christmas. Good so far.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

(Montgomery County)

Thread Title = TRUE

(based on my own humble opinion and hands-on experience)

Regards,

Bones

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast