Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Alert Allegheny Residents firearm permit holders

In case some Allegheny county firearm owners don’t know there is an important election for Allegheny County sheriff on Nov 6 2007. There is a very clear choice Ed Kress (R) for sheriff. Its time to pick a side, it's come to that. Your choice will affect everyone for years to come.

Ed Kress web site http://mypoliticalsite.com/edkress/issues/

Since being appointed, Acting sheriff Mullen (D) has made it more difficult for Allegheny county residents to obtain or renewal of your permit to carry firearms. By closing Sat offices hours, by making renewal permit holder have to make two trips to the sheriff office downtown with the add inconvenience of time for two trips to downtown along with added cost for parking (taking days off from work for some). By additionally making it’s own background checks above state requirements for renewals of permits that can take up to 45 days.

If you think sheriff Mullen’s is only going to stop here with making / obtaining your permits more difficult, wait till he gets elected to the position of sheriff.

ALL OF YOU with Allegheny County permits that are complaining about how bad it is now, this is you chance to change things. There are approximately 50,000 permit holders in Allegheny county IF they bother to vote and do something they can change the outcome of this sheriff's election and beat the entrenched democratic machine of Allegheny county politics.

Its going to be YOUR FAULT ONLY for not doing everything in your power to personally HELP get Ed Kress elected for sheriff or get use to dealing with Mullen's way

FOAC VOTER GUIDES are available here http://www.foac-pac.org/ make copies, get them into friend, family and fellow firearm owners hands, DO SOMETHING. Hand them out in front of your voting locations, pass them out at the gun clubs, tell them that the red coats are coming if you have to, just get your fellow gun owners to go vote on Nov 6, DO SOMETHING.......

IF you sit back and don’t do anything --- then don’t complain about the sheriff office after Nov 6, save it for next election for sheriff, IF there is an election. Mullen also supports the appointed position versus the election by the people sheriff position.

In case someone questioned my comment about acting Allegheny sheriff making it more difficult to get concealed carry permits. read this article here.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_479391.html

Region No. 1 for packing heat
    By Rich Cholodofsky
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Sunday, November 12, 2006

from that article

In April, Allegheny County started conducting its own background checks, in addition to those required by the state. Since then, Allegheny has disqualified about 20 percent of applicants previously approved by the state, Carter said.

"I just want to make it more difficult to get a gun in Allegheny County," said acting Sheriff William Mullen.

Read the whole article, has some other interesting information in it for all.

Couple of PAFOA Allegheny county permit holders complaining post here if you won't do anything there will be many more.

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...-saturday.html

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/allegheny...t-process.html
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; October 24th, 2007 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Added Ed Kress web site info

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Alert Allegheny Residents firearm permit holders

+1,000,000

mullen has gone as far as printing disinformation about the legality of carrying firearms in non-secure areas of airports on the backs of LTCFs he issues.

he is most certainly anti-2nd amendment/anti-right to self defense.

and, for those of use who live in the city of pittsburgh, we also need to work against the re-election of luke ravenstahl for mayor. ravenstahl is a member of bloomberg's coalition of gun-grabbing mayors...you can't get much more anti than that.

support kress and support desantis. please.

(Allegheny County)

Thank you so much for this post!! I have been worried about who I could vote for other than the (CENSORED) in there now.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Allegheny County)

Looking on his website, I see no mention of firearms at all. I agree, Mullen has to go, but where does it say this guys any different?

(Westmoreland County)

This is really important!!!

I grew up in Monroeville, However I'm now Westmoreland County, I wish I could vote!!

I am passing this info to all my family & friends who still live in Allegheny County to vote for ED.

NRA

American Infidel

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig... You dig.
    Clint Eastwood - The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by pghplr View Post
    Looking on his website, I see no mention of firearms at all. I agree, Mullen has to go, but where does it say this guys any different?
    I'm wondering the same thing...

(Allegheny County)

I emailed a couple questions to his website since no one who's endorsed him has given me an answer. We'll see. Hopefully he's what we're looking for, cause what we have is just bad.

(Allegheny County)

Ok, got my answer. Ed replied back to my email.

Dear Mike:

I am endorsed by the NRA and Firearm Owners Against Crime. I spoke the
    Allegheny County Sportsman League and told them that I want the office to be
    there for the people. I reopen the Sheriff's Office on Saturdays because I
    don't believe working people should take time off from their jobs to pick up
    their concealed weapons permits. You can call me at 412-719-4659. I would be
    happy to speak before your group at anytime.

Ed Kress

Ok, now I feel better. Maybe we could have Mr Kress come to a PAFOA shoot one day.

(Cambria County)

The Saturday thing is great, I'd like to know where he stands on the way the permit system is running now. We wait 45 days now instead of 7 minutes when I got mine in that county a while back. There seem to be more hoops to jump through now than there were then. Maybe I'll give him a call or find out where he's speaking next.

(Allegheny County)

I have personally meet with Ed Kress at over 6 political events and several other public meeting where I took the time to get involved in the political process so I could know the issuses.
    We had very detailed discussions about the 2nd amendment; in my opinion Ed is PRO-GUN. Ed Kress offers a real chance to bring something that the sheriff office has not had in a long time, run it like a professional business instead of a political tool.

All of these current abuses of firearm permits have started under acting sheriff Mullen’s administration ONLY read the public statement I posted as facts presented as evidence, Ed Kress personally assured me that it will stop if he is elected sheriff. In fact Ed even talked about putting satellite sheriff offices in the suburbs to make access the sheriff office more convenient for the people that the sheriff office is suppose to represent. Wow what a novel concept….. There is NO reason that permit renewals are not anything more than just an instant check to verify you that requalify for permit and pay the fee and instantly issues a new permit, Ed Kress told me this is how it should be and would be if he is elected to sheriff.

My statements involve your trust, but rather than trusting me or anyone else for that matter, I included the past history of public statement and actions taken by appointed sheriff Mullen so you can judge for yourself (as you should always do in this age of deception) who Allegheny County firearm voters better get behind and do everything possible to get elected. Its time to pick a side, it's come to that

To add yet another documented reason not to vote for Mullen’s here are his views of so called assault weapons.

read entire article here
    http://kdka.com/local/local_story_193165007.html
    Jul 12, 2005 5:48 pm US/Eastern

Assault Weapons Putting Safety in Crosshairs?
    (KDKA) Pittsburgh It's been nine months since President Bush lifted the national ban on the sale of assault weapons.

In that time, police say they've seen more and more of these deadly accurate weapons turning up in the wrong hands -- from gang members to other violent criminals.

Pittsburgh's Assistant Police Chief William Mullen says it's no coincidence. "It appears that's the reason."

"There's a lot more assault weapons in the area in districts now than ever before." -- Asst. Chief William Mullen, Pittsburgh Police

Assistant Chief Mullen says assault-type weapons have been used in three murders and have also been trained against officers themselves in some near-deadly shootouts.

Allegheny county firearm owners better get up off their butts, get into the fight, go get copies of FOAC voter guides, make copies, hand them out at gun clubs and volunteer some of their time to help get Ed Kress elected or deal with sheriff Mullen for the next several years.

Just for everyone public notice Every time some makes a post in PAFOA over the next several years and complains about sheriff Mullen’s making it more difficult for firearm owners to exercise their rights. ..I am going to post this link and ask this question.

What Did You PERSONALLY DO to HELP Get Ed Kress ELECTED for SHERIFF????

NOTHING!!!!! Then Sit down, Shut Up and deal with …….. sheriff Mullen procedures then and I hope you learned a lesson the hard way, so you won't make the same mistake next time.

The few people (or groups like FOAC) that try to do something to change things for the better, can’t carry all the do nothing dead weight gun owners anymore. This is not the 20 century it’s the 21 century and things are much different now than they use to be. If you want to keep your rights that others had to fight for and some died for you to have and enjoy, you better get involved in the political process and make your voice heard.

Personally I am tired of do nothing gun owners pointing their finger at me when I am volunteering my time try to educate them at some public event saying you got to do and you got to do this because of XYZ reasons. Then I ask them if who they know who their elected official are? Do you write letters to them expressing your views? Are they register to vote and do they vote? Most of these loud mouths do nothing people don’t vote and don’t even know who their elected Reps are, what a sad state of affairs we have and they still wonder why their country / rights are going to hell. For the official record I used to be personally guilty of these same offenses, thanks to people like Kim Stolfer and groups like ACSL, FOAC and lots of education on this subject of political activism I have changed my way to make amends for being part of the problem, instead of a being involved in possible solution. Talk is cheap, actions have political power

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast