Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Alert Allegheny Residents firearm permit holders

Quote Originally Posted by jbacharach View Post
    The Sheriff’s Office also plans to make applications available online to save firearm permit holders time, and make the service more convenient.
    Must have missed this on my first read. I applied for my permit just over one month ago, and given the horror stories I have read I came fully prepared. In addition to the two forms of id I had also printed and filled out the application form to speed up the process. However, at the office I was made to shred the original form and fill out a new one. Why? The information was the same regardless, I had the two forms of id required, and I followed the rest of the regulations to the letter.

I the office was truly interested in streamlining the process my first form should have been used.

(Allegheny County)

Joe,
    Exactly why did they shred the first form? Was it because it was a copy printed from the web site? Did you fill it out in ink or typed from your PC?

Hawk,
    Last edited by Hawk; October 28th, 2007 at 05:17 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Joe,
    Exactly why did they shred the first form? Was it because it was a copy printed from the web site? Did you fill it out in ink or typed from your PC?

Hawk,
    They didn't give a good reason and I wasn't in the mood to be a dick. She just mumbled something about using the right form. I actually had two; one was typed as a PDF and the other was printed and penned. It would have seriously sped up the process and like I said earlier, the only difference between the form I brought and the one she provided is that they got to watch me fill out the paper.

Brian

(Allegheny County)

I can't get behind Kress. As far as I can find, he hasn't gone on the record saying anything that truly sets him apart from Mullen on the issue of firearm permits. He also has no law enforcement experience.

True, he has the NRA's endorsement and that is worth something but I don't know if it's enough for me to be convinced that he will do a better job overall than Mullen.

I do think I'm going to send Sheriff Mullen an e-mail and ask him how he can contradict himself, on one hand saying he wants’ to make it "more difficult to get a gun" and on the other hand say that he "fully support the Second Amendment".
    Last edited by Favabean; October 28th, 2007 at 08:05 PM.

Just another gun-toting liberal

"According to the General Social Science Survey, about 30% of people who describe themselves as Liberal own a handgun. That works out to about 8 million gun toting Liberals, and doesn't even include moderates or long-gun owning Liberals."

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by Favabean View Post
    I can't get behind Kress. As far as I can find, he hasn't gone on the record saying anything that truly sets him apart from Mullen on the issue of firearm permits.

True, he has the NRA's endorsemnt and that is worth something but I don't know if it's enough for me to be convinced that he will do a better job overall than Mullen.
    That's the Kress Dilemma, and he and his campaign only has a few short days to really work it out and hopefully reach a bunch of gun owners (possibly the majority of people who don't want to vote for Mullen). The gun owner vote, in this case, might be a friggen' goldmine that has yet to be tapped.

I don't think his lack of LEO experience should hurt him though, the Sheriff position has a lot of non-LEO-type duties involved.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    They didn't give a good reason and I wasn't in the mood to be a dick. She just mumbled something about using the right form. I actually had two; one was typed as a PDF and the other was printed and penned. It would have seriously sped up the process and like I said earlier, the only difference between the form I brought and the one she provided is that they got to watch me fill out the paper.

Brian
    Joe,
    I filled out the form they sent me in advance. They didn't show that they cared if it was filled out in advance to me.

Hawk,
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

wake up people! why would we ever endorse kress?? let's start out with the most basic fact....kress has never carried a firearm, does not carry a firearm, and will never carry a firearm!!...he has said so himself!! he is just another lying politician!! how can we elect a sheriff who will not/is not licensed to carry a firearm!! he is a lying weasel politician!! if kress were even elected (no chance at all) he would not even be able to make an arrest..kress has no law enforcement experience...plus, he still lives at home with his mother!!! MULLEN is not a politician...he is a mans-man...a cops-cop...take a trip to the courthouse, ask MULLEN if he is carrying a firearm at that moment, i'll bet my house he is (glock 9mm)...he ALWAYS DOES....does anyone out there know how many gun battles MULLEN was in in his career?? numerous!! he was protecting himself, the citizens, and his fellow law enforcement officers...does anyone else know that MULLEN has also shot/wounded numerous people defending himself and his fellow officers?? ask him, he has some wild stories!! i found him easily approachable and more than willing to talk about his career when i went to the courthouse last month...his career is very-very impressive...MULLEN made undercover drug buys, arrested scum bag gang bangers, was the head of homicide for numerous years, was the deputy chief, etc etc... he even had the unfortunate instance of having his partner killed as they busted down a door to arrest a murderer...MULLEN is not a politician, he is a cop and only a cop...he was brought in because of his "...impeccable record.." (post gazette)...he has been endorsed by 31 out of 34 groups...he also (as stated incorrectly in this thread) IS NOT FOR APPOINTMENT OF THE SHERIFF...he wants to let the voters decide...if someone questions me, i'll provide multiple sources....THIS IS WHY I WILL NOT VOTE FOR kress!!!! I WILL VOTE FOR BILL MULLEN FOR SHERIFF!!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by pghplr View Post
    Ok, got my answer. Ed replied back to my email.

Dear Mike:

I am endorsed by the NRA and Firearm Owners Against Crime. I spoke the
    Allegheny County Sportsman League and told them that I want the office to be
    there for the people. I reopen the Sheriff's Office on Saturdays because I
    don't believe working people should take time off from their jobs to pick up
    their concealed weapons permits. You can call me at 412-719-4659. I would be
    happy to speak before your group at anytime.

Ed Kress

Ok, now I feel better. Maybe we could have Mr Kress come to a PAFOA shoot one day.

Good enough for me.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by chaz-heston-4-prez View Post
    wake up people! why would we ever endorse kress?? let's start out with the most basic fact....kress has never carried a firearm, does not carry a firearm, and will never carry a firearm!!...he has said so himself!!
    Source this is drop it. Where has he said this, when and to whom?

he is just another lying politician!!
    They all lie, Mullen is not different. The minute he stopped being a cop and became part of a political office, he became a politician. John McCain is no longer a soldier, Mullen isn't a cop. Besides that, being a cop alone doesn't automatically give one a whole ton of credibility around here on any subject.

Mullen supports assault weapons bans.
    Mullen has made it harder to get a LTCF in his county.
    Mullen has gone on record stating that he wants to make it harder to get a gun in Pennsylvania.

None of that makes him a friend to gun owners.

how can we elect a sheriff who will not/is not licensed to carry a firearm!!
    Because this ain't dodge city, the modern Sheriff's office is far removed from the general law enforcement role it once played in this country. As an attorney, Kress is likely more aware of the law than Mullen, sadly most cops don't know a whole lot about the law.

plus, he still lives at home with his mother!!!
    Really? Where did you hear/see that?

MULLEN is not a politician...he is a mans-man...a cops-cop...take a trip to the courthouse, ask MULLEN if he is carrying a firearm at that moment, i'll bet my house he is (glock 9mm)...he ALWAYS DOES....does anyone out there know how many gun battles MULLEN was in in his career?? numerous!! he was protecting himself, the citizens, and his fellow law enforcement officers...does anyone else know that MULLEN has also shot/wounded numerous people defending himself and his fellow officers?? ask him, he has some wild stories!! i found him easily approachable and more than willing to talk about his career when i went to the courthouse last month...his career is very-very impressive...MULLEN made undercover drug buys, arrested scum bag gang bangers, was the head of homicide for numerous years, was the deputy chief, etc etc... he even had the unfortunate instance of having his partner killed as they busted down a door to arrest a murderer...MULLEN is not a politician, he is a cop and only a cop...he was brought in because of his "...impeccable record.." (post gazette)...he has been endorsed by 31 out of 34 groups...
    None of this makes him a friend to gun owners. And his actions while he's been in office thus far certainly haven't endeared him to us one bit.

he also (as stated incorrectly in this thread) IS NOT FOR APPOINTMENT OF THE SHERIFF...he wants to let the voters decide...if someone questions me, i'll provide multiple sources...[/B]

Please do.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by chaz-heston-4-prez View Post
    kress has never carried a firearm, does not carry a firearm, and will never carry a firearm!!...he has said so himself!! he is just another lying politician!! how can we elect a sheriff who will not/is not licensed to carry a firearm!! he is a lying weasel politician!!
    Over use of exclamation marks do not help make your point. They make you look like an idiot. Cross posting the same content to two different threads on the same forum also have the same effect.

I'm still undecided on who I will vote for come next Tuesday, but I know your posts have done NOTHING to convince me that Mullen is the way to go.

Just another gun-toting liberal

"According to the General Social Science Survey, about 30% of people who describe themselves as Liberal own a handgun. That works out to about 8 million gun toting Liberals, and doesn't even include moderates or long-gun owning Liberals."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast