Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default What a beautiful 1911!

This gun is one of the best looking I've seen, IMO. I just bought a gun not too long ago so there is absolutely no possibility that I would buy this gun barring hitting the lotto, but what would one expect to pay for such a gun?

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=83363629

with elephant ivory grips (is that even legal?)

with wooden grips

I LOVE this gun. man oh man...

maybe i should just go into debt for it?

(Berks County)

Default Re: What a beautiful 1911!

No doubt, that is one sweet looking weapon. I'm not one for the bright and shiny set but I could definitely see where you would if you like them.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Refinishing a gun like this actually removes some of its original value, If it was professionally done, you might have a safe queen, but then again why do that, you can buy NRA guns for around $3K that can make safe queens.

You could also do like some bikers do, find all the silver and gold you can (scavenger hunts ) and melt it to coat a firearm (Or motorcycle parts) you just need a willing Jewler.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Westmoreland County)

I've never been a fan of 'shiny' guns...but that is sweeeeet!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Centre County)

the gun in question was finished in the "ultimate bright" stainless steel finish in the Colt factory. I can see how shiny guns are not the most practical in the world because they are prone to finger prints and scuffs. However, all my guns are blued and very utilitarian. it would be nice to have one or two fancy looking ones in my collection.

I suppose fancy could also be brushed stainless with some exotic wood grips. what is your idea of an exceptionally beautiful autoloader?

(Mercer County)

IMHO it would make a great BBQ gun with the ivory grips and a fancy tooled holster.

oracle
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

The scratches in the red oval area are not Colt new factory, they are more indicative od some one getting tired of polishing after using a very abrasive sand paper.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

it seems i wouldnt want to shoot it because its so nice. i would hate to have to worry about getting it dirty and then having to spend too much time cleaning and wiping off all marks. It will look nice in a display case, but then, i wouldnt want a 1911 in a display case, i want to shoot the damn thing. lol

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by MOUNTAINORACLE View Post
    IMHO it would make a great BBQ gun with the ivory grips and a fancy tooled holster.

oracle
    HAHA! BBQ gun! I've never heard of this before but it's immediately obvious how useful having a BBQ gun would be. You're right! this would make a positively excellent BBQ gun.

Please see the following link for a marvelous and detailed description of what an acceptable BBQ gun is in Texas. It also describes a court gun but I don't have the credentials for one of those, and besides, the less time I spend in court the better.

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2...-bbq-guns.html

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post

The scratches in the red oval area are not Colt new factory, they are more indicative od some one getting tired of polishing after using a very abrasive sand paper.
    Frenchy could it be that those are not scratches but just cleaning streaks that are catching the light?
    Last edited by righteousbarbarian; October 24th, 2007 at 11:49 AM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by righteousbarbarian View Post
    HAHA! BBQ gun! I've never heard of this before but it's immediately obvious how useful having a BBQ gun would be. You're right! this would make a positively excellent BBQ gun.

Please see the following link for a marvelous and detailed description of what an acceptable BBQ gun is in Texas. It also describes a court gun but I don't have the credentials for one of those, and besides, the less time I spend in court the better.

http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2...-bbq-guns.html

Frenchy could it be that those are not scratches but just cleaning streaks that are catching the light?
    LOL...that was pretty good!

Chuck Norris doesn't have a BBQ Gun, he justs says bang and the bad guys fall down dead from a heart attack. His court gun is a picture of a Colt .45 on the instep of his boot that you see just as he spin kicks you in to next week.
    I like where it said that the Brazilian models are becoming popular! LOL

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast