Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default Red Zone Solutions Practical Carbine Alpha Course

Red Zone Solutions Practical Carbine Alpha Course, Hollidaysburg Sportsmans Club, 23 October 2010

To register, send me a PM with your email address, and I’ll send you the application and additional instructions. Any questions, ask them here or PM me.

Directions to the Hollidaysburg Sportsmans Club can be found at: http://www.hollidaysburgsportsmensclub.com/

If you’re coming, please thoroughly read the following.

Start time: 0900

Duration: As usual, it will be a long day, eat your Wheaties. We’ll take an hour lunch break.

Cost: $160 if you register before 01 October 2010, $175 after 01 October.

Course Description: RZS Dynamic Carbine 1 is a “next level” course for those who have completed Basic Carbine Operator or a similar training. It is intended for those interested in furthering their skills in the defensive and practical use of the carbine.

The course will consist of a short review of relevant techniques followed by a series of drills intended to drive the shooter to perform under stress and evaluate that performance. All drills will include an accuracy component as well as elements of time and physical pressure.

Additionally, this course will cover the integrated use of the handgun as a back up to the carbine, to include the proper time and technique for transitioning to the secondary weapon.

Pre-Requisites: There are no formal pre-training requirements for this course, however, this is not an “entry level” course. If you are not well versed in the manipulation of the carbine and handgun, you will have a difficult time performing many of the drills in this course. Additionally, this course will be somewhat physically demanding.

In preparation for this training, you should be able to do the following things:

1. Properly load and unload both the carbine and handgun.
    2. Hit a 9” paper plate at 50 yards (standing) with the carbine.
    3. Properly draw, reload, and holster the handgun.
    4. Make a center of mass hit at 15 yards with the handgun.
    5. Run 50 yards without me having to drive you to the hospital at the end.
    6. Pick up and carry a 25 pound weight, also without the aforementioned drive to the hospital.

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO ACCOMPLISH THESE TASKS, WE WILL NOT SLOW THE CLASS (AT THE EXPENSE OF THE OTHER STUDENT’S TRAINING) TO BRING YOU UP TO SPEED.

Student Requirements:

1. YOUR BRAIN. It will be a long day and life will be difficult for all of us, and a very difficult day for you, if you don’t bring it.

2. Eye and hearing protection.

3. Carbine. We highly recommend the use of a standard pattern (AR-15 or AKM) carbine, although other carbines are acceptable. Carbine should be well zeroed, preferably at 50 yards/meters. Your carbine must have a side mounted sling (single, two, or three point), Iron sights or red dot sights are preferred, magnifying scopes are not. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOUR CARBINE/AMMO/MAGAZINES ARE RELIABLE PRIOR TO THE CLASS. Make sure your gun is properly lubricated prior to the course. You will be running the gun hard, and your gun needs to run for the duration.

4. Handgun. Must be reliable, period. Again, we recommend a standard pattern weapon (Glock, S&W, SIG, Beretta, etc.)

5. Ammunition. 350 rounds for the carbine, 100 rounds for the handgun.

6. Strong side belt holster. We recommend a kydex or hard leather holster to facilitate easy re-holstering of the handgun. Kydex (such as Atomic Dog or Blade Tech) will be the easiest to use.

7. Magazine pouches. One for the carbine, enough for the handgun that between the gun and your pouches, you have 30 rounds. Your handgun mags need to be on your belt, your carbine mags can be on your belt, on a chest rig, or in a bandoleer.

8. Magazines. At least two thirty round carbine mags, and enough handgun mags to hold 30 rounds.

9. Outdoor or athletic shoes. As always, NO FLIP FLOPS.

10. Proper clothing for the weather. It will be the end of October. We will be shooting sun, rain, snow, hot, cold, hell, high water, sleet, hail, monsoon, plague of locusts, sand storm, or rise of the living dead. Be prepared.

Recommended Accessories:

Hat
    Gloves (Especially if you’re running an AK)
    Mag Loader
    Water
    Snacks
    Sun Block
    Extra Mags
    Knee Pads

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Red Zone Solutions Practical Carbine Alpha Course

looks likely me and the wifey will be coming out for this

Sorry I was unable to make it to the class in july, but I just wanted to check and see if this class is still open for enrollment?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by OLIVER View Post
    Sorry I was unable to make it to the class in july, but I just wanted to check and see if this class is still open for enrollment?
    last I spoke with Doug it was full, but it looks like I wont be able to make it (not sure yet) and that would open up 2 spots if so.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn.L View Post
    last I spoke with Doug it was full, but it looks like I wont be able to make it (not sure yet) and that would open up 2 spots if so.
    Hope you can work it into your schedule

(Blair County)

We still have one or two openings for this class.
    PREPARE FOR BATTLE

(Philadelphia County)

One week out!!!
    Just picked up a case of 5.56 and heading to the range tomorrow to get some trigger time in before the 23rd...