Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
good for you, this is why good shops like stubby gear go out of buisness. Its your choice of course, but when the good shops start to disappear this is what will be left, Walmart, oh ya they dont sell guns anymore.
I'm all for supporting local businesses, but the last time I stopped by Stubby Gear it was $15-$17 for a box of 9mm range ammo, believe it or not some of us can't afford to pay that much just to support a local business, when Walmart or some guy at a gunshow has it for $10-$12 a box. Last year I could barely find any 9mm ammo, so I stocked up on WWB at walmart whenever they got some in, some gun shops were buying ammo from walmart and reselling it for almost twice the price, sorry but I can't afford to pay twice as much for the same ammo, the only reason I stopped buying at walmart is because with their price increase I can now get better ammo cheaper elsewhere.

As for Stubby Gear, I think the reason the store closed is because of the weird hours and it being pretty difficult to get a hold of him. There was one set of hours on the door, a different set on the answering machine message, and if there was a show that weekend the store was only open 2-3 days a week. I know several people that wanted to check the store out, but they kept stopping by when they were supposed to be open and nobody was there.
I had a gun shipped there for him to do the transfer, and the gun arrived a day later than it was supposed to, so it got there right before a show, it was a week after the gun was supposed to arrive before I managed to find out that they did indeed have it, due to them being closed for 5-6 days and the voicemail being full the whole time. They were pretty friendly and the experience was pleasant when I finally went to pick the gun up, but from other posts on here it seems to be pretty common for it to take a while to get in contact with the owner.